P650SE Custom Fan Speed doesn't work

Xumarice

I'm trying to use the custom fan speed option in Hotkey v3.19.32 and it don't seems to work at all. Even the stock v3.09.21 hotkey that came with my P650SE wasn't applying custom fan speed. The custom fan speed option have my laptop running quietly with no sudden burst of sound, but it ignores what fan speed I set it too and run at it's lowest rpm speed it seems. I tested to see if it will rump up the rpm speed if the CPU was stressed and had the max fan speed set at 80%, CPU quickly jumped to 80-92C and fans stayed running at lowest speed. I stopped stressing the CPU before it went any higher. Fn+1 max speed and automatic works fine.

I contacted the reseller and was told that "Sager and the factory said your BIOS / EC is the latest since yours shipped on June 5th". My BIOS / EC version is 1.03.09RLS1. I resetted my BIOS to default settings. I'm confused as to why the custom fan speed will not work? Is this maybe a Windows 8.1 problem?

The flash was successful, and the custom fan speed now works. Not the way how I imagine it to work, thought it was suppose to keep a constant speed, but it tunes up the fan speed depending on the temperature. I'm glad it's working now, Thank you.

I noticed the OEM boot logo is gone. Is there any harm by me adding back the OEM boot logo? I made a backup of the old BIOS, couldn't find how to backup the EC, can I pull the image from the backup and add it to the current BIOS or replace the current BIOS with the backup BIOS? Not sure if BIOS 1.03.09RLS1 is the same as the BIOS 1.03.09 I flashed and if it will work with the new EC. I seem to be missing option in BIOS that I can't seem to remember... maybe not important.

They are the same BIOS versions, you can just exchange (rename) your backup and flash with my stock package.

IMPORTANT: Your backup is probably missing the ME and is only 4MB so don't exchange it with anything but my stock version or the system will brick if you use it to exchange with a Mod package or any of Clevos BIOS packages.