GPU Upgrade Medion Erazer 6823 with 780m

Hello everyone,

As the title of the thread suggests I have the chance to upgrade my Medion Erazer 6823 with a GTX 780m. According to the owner the card stems from an MSI GT60 2OD.

Now I'm not 100% certain that this card would work in my Laptop which is a Ivy Bridge Based MSI Whitebook that was originally equipped with an 670mx (I think it should be the MS-16F3 Barebone but to be honest I'm not 100% certain).

I know that they changed the cooling solution/heatpipe-layout when they released the 4th gen Intel-Laptops but I think that 780m and 670mx have the same PCB-Layout, so the cooling should work but my temps could be slightly higher. Am I right at this point?

What else will I need to get the card working properly (which vBios, modded driver inf, etc.?)

Thank you very much for your help in advance! :)