NP9377sm-a with 4910mq limited by heat

Kantana

Hi All, IS replacing the heatsink on this notebook the only solution for being thermally limited when overclocking? The max I can run my clocks at on all 4 cores fully loaded is 3.8G. If I apply a 70W power limit then it can run 3.9G with some power throttling. I have already tried applying a dynamic voltage adjustment of -30mV, any more and it can BSOD. Temps are just hard to manage beyond 3.8G and auto fans.

I have tried reseating/repasting with GC extreme, IC diamond and Liquid Ultra but it appears the heatsink maybe warped and not making sufficient contact. I am considering ordering 2 more heatsinks since it's a crap shoot whether we get a decent one. I have also looked at buying a new bottom cover and then cutting out the air inlets and replacing with wire mesh for more air inflow.

If the worse comes to the worse I will also try lapping a cpu heatsink.

Anyone else have any other suggestions for me?