MSI GX640 - problem with ssd in ahci mode.

Acad

Hello,

I have problem with my SSD. It's Sandisk Ultra Plus 256 GB and is not visible even in bios. Changing ide/ahci didn't solve it so I managed bios myself, even with this bios sees it only in ide mode. How to get it working on ahci? Is it possible? I have heard that with samsung 830, 840 SSDs there is also the same problem. I have tried different combinations so far, but maybe there is one that I wasn't.

I think that

Sata port 0 is for DVD

Sata port 1 is for esata

Sata port 2 is for SSD/HDD

What should I do?

set hotplug, multiplier as enabled and sata port 2 acces time as user?

Ll8IsQp.png

So you ssd is sata and not esata i suppose what I would do is reset the bios to default change only the sata port to what you want like ahci and test if the bios is not seeing it test it in a different system to test you ssd. If it's only to add as space and only don't see it in windows go to disk manager to partition it and format.

• 1 year later...

If anyone is interested I've just unlocked all bookmarks of the bios, but real solution was:

1. Plug in ssd, change ssd mode into ide in bios, save, restart laptop.

2. Go again into bios, turn hotplug and multiplier as enabled, save, restart.

3. Go in bios for last time, change ssd mode to ahci, save , restart and now it should work.