W230ST/XMG P303 low recording microphone

skullman

Hi all !

Have you any difficulties to set up a good configuration for the microphone ? The recorded sound is very very low and I need to be close to it for good result... I don't want to mic boost at +30db due to raw noise...

I have tried differents settings but all seems not to work properly. I plan to use it to record sound from 30cm to 3 or 4 meter for example so not really in front of the computer.

Any ideas/setting to make it better?

Thanks !

The internal mic on Notebooks is just for general stuff like Skype and such. If you plan to do proper recordings I would strongly suggest to connect an external mic.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply...

Well on skype it seems that people can hear me correctly but for example I tried with mumble and different setting and it appears never to be good... But I assume the mic is just bad on our Clevo...

Thank you for sharing your link, but I don't need one as expensive as this one. it's just for gaming or recording my teacher during class to review the course :)