7970M and M17X R2 .022 Vbios

Hi ,

i know there are a lot of thread about Vbios and things but i need a clear answer , i am looking at it between days and i am lost ..

So i have na M17X R2 and i have bought an dell 7970M , i don't know the vbios versin , i have receive it yet.

If it's an 022 , what can i do ? I have read that flashing to an older Vbios will brick the card, is it right that the post will fail with an 022 bios ?

Can i unsolder the chip and erae it memory , like EEPROM when we apply hight voltage to erase everything before re-writing.

Can i swap the vbios chip with an other one wilth older vbios ? I have some skill in soldering , that wont be a problem , i havent got any programming stuf.

If i flashed the card in slave mxm port with an working ( 4870m ) card in master port , it still brick ?

Is there any solution to this problem ? I am not sure someone will be ok to swap his older car with mine ...