Dead 7970m?

RWNinja

Alright guys, I'm sure you've heard this a million times over, but here goes.

I bought a Eurocom 7970m off of ebay, new in packaging. Installed it into my Sager NP8170 and it worked for about a day. Next thing I know temps are skyrocketing and causing shutdowns. Got that stabilized, and suddenly in the middle of a game I was playing (World of Tanks) The screen went vertical grey stripes and the laptop shut down. After that, it would post, but not go into windows. I became stupid and agitated and attempted a reflash and that was it, bricked.. I'm willing to suspect hardware failure, and sadly to my dismay the seller does not accept any returns (Man I'm kicking myself in the gonads now).

Are there any suggestions or possibilities? Or do I now have a quite expensive paperweight?

Thanks in advance,

Also, please note I already feel enough of a buffoon for attempting this upgrade on my own. Even as a CIS major this is embarrassing....

• 2 weeks later...

Thread can be closed. I ended up taking eurocom into trading a 7970m for a GTX680M. I mentioned I had it in for a couple days and it died so they RMA'd it. Sending it to Canada was EXPENSIVE though. So for the price of a 7970M and shipping back to Canada, I ggot a GTX 680M. Can't say I regret a thing!