GX60 1AC-021US - Network adapter update

jonmassot

Hi everyone!

I'm pretty new to the forum, just found about it a few hours ago. I've been reading and all, but it seems that I can't find any relevant information about what I'm experiencing. If you think I've not read enough, feel free to point me to threads I must read.

So basically, I was looking to upgrade my network adapter and bought an Intel Wireless-AC 7260 network adapter. The thing is, after plugging it in and installing the drivers, my system worked and recognized the card, but it said that "No network found" message. I'm not sure if it's related to the antenas or just plain incompability. Any ideas? Should I get another card?

Thanks!

[EDIT] Small update. I've contacted MSI and they told me that the GX60 won't support any dual-band card. That kind of s*cks. Any idea or I'm stuck on this?

Strange,

i know from some people that there changed the Wireless Adapter to the Bigfoot Killer Wireless N 1202

And the Bigfoot Killer support dual-band too!?

Killer Wireless-N 1202 adapters support dual band (2.4 GHz and 5GHz), 2-stream MIMO and IEEE standards-based 802.11a/b/g/n in a half-size mini-PCIe form factor.

Yeah, that's bugging me more since I've also read in other forums people that changed the adapter for a Killer Wireless-N. Not sure if I should take the risk to buy it, since the card I bought isn't working...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Actually, here's the reply I got from the MSI's tech:

Hi Jonathan, After further looking into, only notebooks which come with the Killer WIFI card support dual band WLAN cards, in your case, it came with a Atheros so you can actually only install single band WIFI cards, I apologize for the erroneous information previously provided.

Is there anyway to try any other driver? I'm downloading the one on Intel website and it doesn't do the trick...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

[EDIT] Ok, after a format, install and re-install drivers a couple of times, it seems that the card is working correctly, I even got 2 BSOD while installing the drivers... Strange... But anyway, it's working now!

[EDIT 2] Spoke too soon ... After a reboot, wireless adapter doesn't work anymore... Darn.

OK, I've tried Windows 8.1 with all updates, drivers from Intel, drivers from Windows, Windows 8 and Linux. The card works without a problem on Ubuntu but it keeps crashing on Windows. Could it be related to the card or the drivers are really messed up? I had a couple of BSOD on Windows, specifying the netwew02.sys file associated with the drivers for the card, on Windows 8 and 8.1. I've contacted NCIX (where I've bought the card) and I'm waiting to see what my options will be. Any advices?

Thanks!