Clevo W230ST USB3 problem

Tom7

I'm having problems getting my USB3 ports to work. They work fine with USB2 devices but USB3 devices are randomly disconnecting and reconnecting whether connected to my USB3 hub or directly to any of the USB3 port. I have tried both versions of the "Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver" found on the Sager website and I've experimented with shorter cables. I've also tried downloading newer drivers directly from the Intel website but the problem persists.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions?

Seems that either nobody has this problem or nobody is using USB3. Is anybody at least able to confirm that they have been able to successfully connect USB3 storage devices to this laptop for long periods without disconnection?

I'm having problems getting my USB3 ports to work. They work fine with USB2 devices but USB3 devices are randomly disconnecting and reconnecting whether connected to my USB3 hub or directly to any of the USB3 port. I have tried both versions of the "Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver" found on the Sager website and I've experimented with shorter cables. I've also tried downloading newer drivers directly from the Intel website but the problem persists.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions?

Windows 8 or 7? Is it one particular storage device, or any usb 3 device? I've 4 external usb 3 drives, none of them exhibit such problem

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Windows 7 x64 using any USB3 storage device or hub. Strangely, I can connect several USB storage devices to a USB3 hub and when the disconnect occurs only the USB3 devices are affected and any USB2 storage devices remain connected.

I am using 2x2TB in an external enclosure and no problems (Win 7 Ultimate x64 UEFI with Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver v2.5.0.19)

I'm using 2.5.1.28. I'll try rolling back to the version you are using and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Windows 7 x64 using any USB3 storage device or hub. Strangely, I can connect several USB storage devices to a USB3 hub and when the disconnect occurs only the USB3 devices are affected and any USB2 storage devices remain connected.

I'm using 2.5.1.28. I'll try rolling back to the version you are using and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help guys.

My usb 2 devices including my phone disconnect and reconnect over and over I'm using the same usb drivers as Prema. Hope this get solved soon.