Clevo M571TU BIOS

Tidosho

Does anyone know where I can download the latest BIOS for an M571TU laptop? My laptop was bought from eBay, and was originally built by Kobalt, who had a bad reputation, before going bust. Clevo won't supply it, they tell me to go to Kobalt, which I can't. Mine is running BIOS v1.00.19 at the moment, and my wireless light keeps going out at POST intermittently. It is orange on power up, and should go green as the drive detection runs, bt sometimes it goes out and I have to use FN & F11 to turn it back on, after this it stays on as long as the machine is running.

A known thermal cycling solder fault with some nVidia cards (mine's a GTX 280M PCI-E MXM II) can cause the wireless to act weird, but I've tried a brand new unused graphics card and wireless card in it, the issue still occurs. Even clearing CMOS by taking the RTC battery, and all power off, including main battery, sometimes fixes it for a while, then it starts again. Other than that the computer is awesome, and has never hiccuped apart from being noisy when gaming!

I tried using search but it didn't seem to work, apologies if someone has already posted.

Clevo never even published BIOS v19...BIOS v18 & EC v12 where the last official version...

That's interesting, Prema. I don't know how techie the guy who owned this laptop before me was, whether he's modified the BIOS, I Googled but couldn't find any newer ones. What were the official changes in v18? Was there a changelog?