hight temp intel pch

yoyane

Hello,

I have a alienware m17x R3 and I just upgraded my 580m gpu to the 780m gpu, the graphic card works very good but I installed HWINFO 64 to monitor my temps and I noticed that the intel PCH temps are very high while gaming. I have a cooler master so my temps shouldn't go crazy, in idle: CPU between 50 and 55° Celcius, GPU: 44 to 48° Celsius and my Intel PCH ~ 65) Celsius. When I am gaming BF3 my temps reaches CPU: 82°, GPU: 73° and Intel PCH: 105° Celcius.

I repasted my CPU after seing those temps with the thermal paste that came with my graphic cards but it didn't change anything, I also checked if the thermal pad for the PCH was not missing and it is not.

My processor is I7 2860QM, I have 16 GB of ram and 2 SSDs (not in raid), I start to worry that this high temp will damage my computer, what should I do?

Hello Christang,

I have never uved HWINFO before so I don't know if my PCH temps were the same, I removed my GPU to see if it will affect the temps but even without the graphic card the PCH is at 65 in idle. My laptop doesn't work anymore, I tried to blind flash the bios to see if it was not something I accidentally changed in the bios but now I get 8 beeps and I cannot access the bios. I did some research and this is the code for a display error, my GPU is out so it is either the diplay or the motherboard. I am on vacation now, I will investigate when I come back but I will most likely have to replace the motherboard.

Thanks anyway