Newbie P170SM owner

Jam0r

Hey, was pointed in this direction by a few people.

Have ordered a P170SM and i'm after some basic advice.

Spec is briefly 4700MQ, 780m and 8GB DDR

After owning a series of high end gaming PCs part of me still has the overclocking bug and I wondered what scope is available for this?

I've seen that you can flash the 780m which increases clocking limits and adds voltage adjustment.

What options are there CPU wise as standard?

Also do all P170SM come with dual mSATA ports? I'll be shoving in a Samsung 830 as my first drive but the thought of going 2x256 mSATA in RAID0 for my games storage is too good to miss.

Hi All P170sm do have two 2,5" inch sata and two msata slots which can be used for msata SSDs You can tweak your prcessor with "Intel XTU" but do you really want to overclock a 780M? I think that's absolutely not necessary and in worst case you are loosing the guarantee greetz

• 1 year later...

JamOr probably knew it but, for real newbies like me, it may be worth pointing out that the two m-sata ports are not next to each other as might be expected.

One is obvious and immediately visible as soon as the back cover is removed. The other is hidden under one of the 2.5" discs :)

• Thumbs Up 1