Black Screen after trying to wake it up, 8 Beeps when I try to restart

I have search around the forums and found a lot of issues related to the 8 Beeps but many of them were posts about with them not being able to fix it with just a power drain. So my issue is a little different.

I typically close my laptop lid and leave it to 'sleep'. Few hours later, i will come back to my laptop and open the lid and I expect to see something on the screen like I would normally do but not anymore. The screen is black and the keyboards is lit up. I would then proceed to my next instinct which is to restart the machine by pressing the ON button (alien head button) and force a reboot. After I try to reboot from the black screen after trying to wake it up from hibernate, I get the famous 8 Beeps (which means LCD failure). So at this point I do the suggested steps which is to do a power drain by removing the laptop battery and power cord and then plug just the power cord in and restart it. This somehow fixes it and it's booting up properly, it even asks me if I want to boot up normal because it failed the last time.

This has been happening for about a month.

So my questions are:

What does this mean? What is wrong here? Anyway to fix this besides me taking out the laptop battery every time or turning it off sleep when i close the lid (i liked that feature)?