GTX675MX kepler on GT780DXR...

gregof45

Hi !

I love to spend for nothing my money and I want to test kepler on sandybridge. Just Bought an 675mx for replace my gtx570m.

You will say me, it can't work because Pci-express compatibility and another thing. But I see a post on Clevo section a man with a Clevo p150HM (sandybridge) and a gtx680m.

The card will come to my home in many day..

What do you think about that?

Thanks !

Sorry for language, I'm french..

I received this card today. Don't work. Black Screen. I'm very Sad. Must change my pc to Ivy Bridge.

Edit :

I don't understand why I have no HDD activity when I start the computer. Is there a bios motherboard Problem? GPU bios? Optimus desactivate?

Any Idea for me, please?

Thanks

hi @gregof45,

From my point of view & experience so far - the main problem is Intel ME part of BIOS - that mobile Kepler family is shipped with "differently-coded" VideoBIOS than before in mobile Fermi (as your GTX570M) and this VideoBIOS simply wanna Optimus "ready" - enabled BIOS.

About Flashing Modded BIOS with modded ME > without external ROM flash/er (to skip Intel ME flashing security descriptors) there is ATM no chance to change order of GFX initialization (this is the reason why you have no HDD activity and blank screen - your BIOS just stuck @ GFX initialization part of Booting process)

and to update Intel ME to other than EXTERNAL - DEDICATED GPU state ONLY (which is default for MSI GT780 / 683 and compatible barebones too)

To investigate every detail that we need to enable Kepler support on this and any other AMIBIOS "unsupported" platform I need any Kepler MXM board to test my progress in modding.

I don't wanna sharing my completely modded BIOS due to possibly brick someone's notebook so so I'm stuck here without additional GFX for that.

If anyone here of you guys could kindly provide me & send me (even bricked or non-functional / burned) MXM 570M/580M/670M/675M and/or any Kepler based MXM boards for testing, then I'm able to continue in developing in this modification and share it with us here @ techinferno.

I'm only "one step from victory" in this process actually...

Any interested ? - then please PM me for details.

TY

Hi,

It's Hard for me, I live in France. I just spend 420 dollars for this GTX675MX and it's very "riskly" for me to chip this videocard to you. But your work is very interresting and I understand you need board for test.

Go to france, DBG ! lol.

If I activate Optimus with modded computer motherboard bios, I will boot on it, no? When I use Everest ultimate edition, I can see optimus but desactivat ! What do you think about that?

Nope - Optimus @ mobile Kepler is addicted to BIOS support.

if you put your Kepler card to IvyBridge notebook and try to disable Optimus thru nVidia Control Panel or via IvyBridge BIOS, and then put your card back to your GT780, that damned "switch-on" restriction thingy is back... :-/ it's not a permanent solution.

I think a way via notebook BIOS Modding is "easiest" than back-engineering Kepler VideoBIOS, but - who knows? maybe someone is near in that VideoBIOS modding way about how to completely disable Optimus.

BTW don't worry about your card :untroubled: I understand you, I know that Kepler family it's expensive just for testing - maybe someone of folks here @ techinferno have one bricked or burned unnecessarily @ home.

I'm able to continue with modding / testing even with faulty Fermi / Kepler MXM card, because I don't need GFX output to check what I need to know...