Upgraded to 6990m, how do I get it to work?

crashfive

m17x R2

I have tried everything I can possibly think of to get this stupid video card to work.

I upgraded from 5870 to 6990 and there are no compatible drivers I can find on the internet.

-Dell drivers, no-go

-AMD drivers, no-go

-Eurocom drivers, no-go

Its a Dell (sub-vendored card) I bought it off eBay from a guy that took it out of his 17xR3 in CF setup.

notebookreview forums have a description how to upgrade, but everything is outdated and has broken links, so that's a no-go.

I see people's signatures in this forum with updated video cards, is this the one series that was not plug and play and is not compatible with 17x R2?

same problem here....

i have the m17x r2 , and the 6990m comes from a m17x -r3

when i use the 6990 m and light on the pc...it sounds 1 long beep and 2 shorts beeps and cant see nothing (blackscreen)

i back to my old 4870 and the laptop Works fine.... so is the 6990 break? or i need to change the bios (i got "a10" original)? or the vbios?.... need some help plz.... im going mad :Banane05:

m17x R2 too here

i'm trying to upgrate from 4870 to 6990 (from a m17x r3 too)... and when i turn on the pc sounds 1 long beep + 2 shorts beeps and blackscreen....

so i back to 4870 and the pc Works fine....

so.... is my 6990 death? or incompatible?

or i need a unlocked bios to make it Works? (i have a10 bios from dell)

or i need to flash the vbios of the 6990?

plz someone help us.... we´re going mad :Banane33::Banane01::Banane54:

btw... crashfive your pc emits the same beep code? (1 long 2 shorts)

• 9 months later...