P650RS - 2160p60 To 1080p144 (Or 1080p60)

TheNexusAvenger

I am a current owner of a Sager NP8153 / Clevo P650RS with a stock 4K panel using a 40 pin LVDS. Due to some software comparability problems, I want to move back to 1080p. The problem I am having is that there seems like there is some sort of BIOS limitation (according to Sager's tech support) that prevents me from using a 1080p144 monitor I bought on Ebay. Since I am new to the forum, I appear to be unable to download a BIOS mod without waiting a week or paying. If I did a BIOS mod, would I have any chance of getting a 1080p144 monitor to work on my laptop?

Edit: The current panel of my laptop is an LTN156FL02-101, and the panel I bought that the BIOS isn't accepting is a B156HAN07.0.

Edit 2: At this point, it isn't going to matter since more testing I did shows it doesn't work, as it fried the power delivery circuit of one of my old laptops. I am still curious if this is possible, assuming the monitor even functions. 

Edited by TheNexusAvenger