After being scammed with a GPU, testing this on two more laptops, spending 3+ weeks trying to figure this out just to find that the PSU OCS SXS 600W it somewhat faulty and i have been scammed with it too ...
It turned out my configuration is as simple as plug-and-play.
My laptop: HP ProBook 4540s
- i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz
- 8GB RAM (2x4GB 1333Mhz)
- AMD 7650m dGPU/HD4000 iGPU
- Windows 10 64bit
- R9 280X Vapor-X 3GB GDDR5
- EXP GDC Beast
- Fortron FSP 750W
- external LG FLATRON W2442PE 24" (1920x1080)
I did not use Setup 1.x at all, my card is well detected, everything seems to be fine out of the box.
The Intel card gives error 12, but who cares... i just disabled it.
Here are the steps I have taken:
- Dont plug the EXP GDC to your laptop yet
- Uninstall the AMD drivers
- Boot Bios
- Disable "Switchable Graphics" this will disable the integrated 7650m
- Shutdown, plug in the EXP GDC in the mPCI-e (Turn on The PSU)
- Boot Windows (EXP GDC starts powers the GPU as soon as you press the power button on the laptop)
- Install latest AMD drivers.
- Reboot, and voila there you have it!!!
3dMark 2006 - 23165
3dMark 2011 - 9585/P8667
3dMark 2013 - 7575/(6525)
I am monitoring the Wattage at the PSU plug:
Windows normal usage: 20-55W
Heroes VII: 200W
Many thanks to Nando for his advice and his 1.3 setup, when i have time i will try to do DSTD override and play more with some of the Setup 1.3 settings.