CLEVO@COMPUTEX 2016

2 hours ago, OBSIDIANPC said:

LOL

Btw what´s the difference from the current G-Sync method and the new  Tcon (HW g-sync) ?

It has hardware buffer to remain smooth at higher frame rates (120Hz).

I wonder if the inclusion of the hardware based gsync will enable ULMB on laptops...know there is more to it than just the board but just curious if it will be possible now.

So glad i had to wait and save up...Pascal, 120hz...if the PC gods love me ULMB!

8 hours ago, cheneyx said:

I wonder if the inclusion of the hardware based gsync will enable ULMB on laptops...know there is more to it than just the board but just curious if it will be possible now.

So glad i had to wait and save up...Pascal, 120hz...if the PC gods love me ULMB!

ULMB either has to be supported by the panel by default (which would likely require a hardware button on the laptop to enable/disable it) or it needs to be forced using a tool that some enthusiasts have created. Unfortunately while trying to find ULMB for myself, I found out that each panel needs to be added to its database to turn it on, and laptop panels were not on its database. So I somehow doubt we'll get ULMB. But 120Hz is more than a good enough announcement as far as panels go, especially if low response times.

45 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

ULMB either has to be supported by the panel by default (which would likely require a hardware button on the laptop to enable/disable it) or it needs to be forced using a tool that some enthusiasts have created. Unfortunately while trying to find ULMB for myself, I found out that each panel needs to be added to its database to turn it on, and laptop panels were not on its database. So I somehow doubt we'll get ULMB. But 120Hz is more than a good enough announcement as far as panels go, especially if low response times.

Oh for sure ill take 120hz, glad they are bringing it back. 

Never was a fan of the DIY ULMB aka blurbusters tool (used it on vg248qe)... always seemed to dim but love ULMB on my Dell Gsync.

Edited by cheneyx
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Prema said:

It has hardware buffer to remain smooth at higher frame rates (120Hz).

Prema, so is it confirmed the 2k core GTX 1080 is a full fat desktop chip and not 1080M that can be sli'ed? Or it could be an engineering sample? Tnx

@str8_an94baller

@Red Line

Guys, I can't comment on the exact nature of the Mobile Pascal Chips, but you haven't seen them all, yet...

Don't believe everything some half-baked 'leakers' feed those tech-sites!

They tend to combine two 'rumors' into a single "article" which they then call a 'confirmed fact'. :D

The complete line-up is smaller but at the high-end very similar to the Maxwell gen...so relax sit back and ENJOY, the new stuff is coming our way! :-)

right, mixed up meaning that the first model to be introduced and which already has been leaked with 2048 cores is the 1080M with the actual 1080 mobile following suit sometime later ;)

Sent from my Huawei Mate 8 NXT-AL10

5 hours ago, Prema said:

@str8_an94baller

@Red Line

Guys, I can't comment on the exact nature of the Mobile Pascal Chips, but you haven't seen them all, yet...

They tend to combine two 'rumors' into a single "article" which they then call a 'confirmed fact'. :D

The complete line-up is smaller but at the high-end very similar to the Maxwell gen...so relax sit back and ENJOY, the new stuff is coming our way! :-)

I skipped the entire DM range just for news like this. Set aside 4.5 grand already for the next P7xx to succeed my Batman :D

6 hours ago, Prema said:

@str8_an94baller

@Red Line

I really hope you're right prema

On 09.06.2016 at 1:06 PM, jaybee83 said:

right, mixed up meaning that the first model to be introduced and which already has been leaked with 2048 cores is the 1080M with the actual 1080 mobile following suit sometime later ;)

Sent from my Huawei Mate 8 NXT-AL10

If this screenshot was made from 15''cher then no doubts it's an M card. But while it was done on P775DM it could either be M or full fat or an ES chip or smth else. I just really hope 2k core card is 1080M and it can be sli'd in P870DM-G)

CEG at NBR commented there should be NEW AW18 pascal sli laptop around august.

3 hours ago, Red Line said:

If this screenshot was made from 15''cher then no doubts it's an M card. But while it was done on P775DM it could either be M or full fat or an ES chip or smth else. I just really hope 2k core card is 1080M and it can be sli'd in P870DM-G)

CEG at NBR commented there should be NEW AW18 pascal sli laptop around august.

Why bother with Alienware at this point? If they cripple it like they did the last 18-incher it will be a well-built chassis that houses an abject failure in terms of performance. If they release it as a overweight BGA turdbook it will be even worse than that. Alienware has shown us their true colors since the introduction of Haswell. Judging from their past behaviors that followed release of the M18xR2 I think it is safe to say that they are no longer committed to producing high quality enthusiast products that deliver superior performance or an experience that enthusiasts can find to be gratifying. Their only commitment is to sell and maximize profits using marketing hype and anything that turns out right seems to be accidental at this point. They haven't sold anything worth buying since the M18xR, so there's really nothing for us to look forward to.

• Founder
1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Why bother with Alienware at this point? If they cripple it like they did the last 18-incher it will be a well-built chassis that houses an abject failure in terms of performance. If they release it as a overweight BGA turdbook it will be even worse than that. Alienware has shown us their true colors since the introduction of Haswell. Judging from their past behaviors that followed release of the M18xR2 I think it is safe to say that they are no longer committed to producing high quality enthusiast products that deliver superior performance or an experience that enthusiasts can find to be gratifying. Their only commitment is to sell and maximize profits using marketing hype and anything that turns out right seems to be accidental at this point. They haven't sold anything worth buying since the M18xR, so there's really nothing for us to look forward to.

This man speaks the truth, Alienware became trash shortly after the release of Alienware 18 and I called it before it was even released and jumped ship a few years ago. They always find a way to cripple their systems, whether it's bios, hardware or a combination of both. Plus AW laptops are notoriously thick and heavy with ugly fat bezels and subpar displays, just say no. Get yourself an MSI or Clevo if you want a better performance notebook but unfortunately with the way the market is now, you can only count on Clevo if you want a socketed CPU. 

• Thumbs Up 4

26 minutes ago, LordGMLP said:

Remind me again guys. Are all the current Alienware laptop offerings BGA only with the ugly thing they call 'Graphic Amplifier'? How did that turn out anyway considering a full blown 980 is now powering Clevo laptops?

All they sell now is BGA trash. In addition to having a dead-end CPU and GPU, their build quality and features have been SEVERELY downgraded and the GA is a proprietary/crippled/overrated form of an eGPU. If tethering a notebook to a desk and compromising instead of using a desktop is something a person finds interesting, any of the new Clevos with Thunderbolt 3 ports should be able to accept a generic eGPU setup and totally annihilate any Alienware turdbook using an eGPU.

Mr. Fox

It's not that i was referring to new AW as if it makes a revolution on a gaming notebook market. Just as a thought of Pascal being so close to launch with all the vendors presenting their laptops around the same timeframe)

I wonder if there is any sort of SLI HB bridge for mobile GPU's.

@Mr. FoxThe BGA is inevitable. 

For me BGA will by interesting if within a single programmable BGA chip it implements all the elements of a PC with dynamically allocates resources/function (CPU / GPU / RAM / Storage) and performance comparable to 4x GTX1080 + 2x E7-8890 V4. So, coming soon. ;)

BGA is only the beginning. Fortunately, they do not print chip yet on the casing. You can always swap an hot air to BGA soldering station. Anyway in a few years Samsung reconciles all of us. :lol:

Edited by Clyde

Any news on the response time of this new 120 mhz panel ? 

The currently used  LP173WF4-SPD1 and  LP173WF4-SPF1 panels are good regarding color and refresh rate, but the response time (25 ms) is horrible compared to the recommended 1-5ms for gaming ...

Also, will there be a way for current used to upgrade to that new panel AND keeping G-Sync working ? 

They choose it because of response time...I am not happy either.

I want an IPS with 100% Adobe RGB in 4K with 120Hz. Gaming in FHD and working in 4K.:D