X220t - eGPU - Need Help

arqueiro

Hello everyone, I need some help in order to make my setup work right now I have a Lenovo X220t with this configuration:

Intel i7

16GB RAM DDR3 1866 (but I still have the 8gb original one)

SSD Samsung

Video Board: Nvidia GT 730

I got this eGPU adaptor: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/EXP-GDC-Laptop-External-Independent-Video-Card-Dock-with-PCI-E-Interface-Black/32456172794.html

That I'm connecting interior PCIe Slot, I'm also have installed the lastest the Advanced Whitelisted Bios (1.40).

But I can get it to work, I already installed the DIY eGPU menu but it could recognize any eGPU as well.

I'm also not using an PC energy supply since this is a low end Video Board, I'm just using an external 12v 1.5 A power supply..

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, should I maybe be connecting it with a PCIexperss Card adapter or something?

any help ?

thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, arqueiro said:

Video Board: Nvidia GT 730

I'm also not using an PC energy supply since this is a low end Video Board, I'm just using an external 12v 1.5 A power supply..

021cda7f84.png

Do you see what your problem is?

You need more power.

Either use a 12V brick with more amperage or simply find an ATX PSU. You should be able to find one used for $15 on the local classifieds.

Edited by Arbystrider
  • Thumbs Up 1

I figure out something I was doing wrong: looks like I was connecting in the wrong Mini PCIe. Not I disconnected the wifi board and connected the EXP GDC, but still not working.

1 hour ago, arqueiro said:

I was connecting in the wrong Mini PCIe. Not I disconnected the wifi board and connected the EXP GDC, but still not working.

Irrelevant. If it fits, it sits.

just got a 300w PSU, still don't work.

Make sure the 4-pin CPU (2 black, 2 yellow) connector is plugged in.

13 hours ago, Arbystrider said:

Details?

So, still the same: the computer is working fine, it turns on, but I cant detect any eGPU on windows on on that other DOS software.

- If I turn the laptop on with out a power supply I just got a black screen.

- If I turn the PSU on the blue LED on the eGPU adaptor goes on, but the eGPU is not dectectd by windows.

- If I turn the EGPU adaptor on, without the Video board, it does not detect the USB drive (this adaptor has a USB port on it.

I don't know what to do...

Hi arqueiro, how did you get diy egpu setup 1.3 software?

what is the procedure to get it? I mean, if i buy it trough the "download" section of this forum, i can download it instantly?

Thanks in advance for your help

5 hours ago, turilapa said:

Hi arqueiro, how did you get diy egpu setup 1.3 software?

what is the procedure to get it? I mean, if i buy it trough the "download" section of this forum, i can download it instantly?

Thanks in advance for your help

you need to buy it is 25$

10 hours ago, Arbystrider said:

Some options:

Try the other mPCIe slot.

Reset BIOS to original settings.

Reseat everything.

I tried that, I'm starting to thinking about hardware failure...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.