HELP!!! Failed Laptop Screen Repair/replacement

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded my GTX570m for a GTX970M 6gb - everything ran fine for a few days then i booted up my laptop and the screen was black - completely dead!

i have checked in the bios and device manager and it does not detect the screen - as if it isnt there......

I also updated Main Bios and Vbios to modded/unlocked but havent changed anything

I'm running on an external monitor with the HDMI connection and that works ok

Is this a common issue and are there any known compatible laptop LED backlit screens that i can replace it with

I have opened the screen housing and there is a number LTN156HT01-101 LTN on the sceen edge and also another 2 numbers LJ97-03243A and LJ96-05574A  - the last number is related to the screen number of an ASUS 53S.

I was wondering - are laptop screens quite interchangeable if it is the same type of backlight and display port (40 pin) connection

I have seen some sites that say make sure it has same backlight - LED, same connection - 40 pin, same size and resolution, and also which side the connection is on

Any help with this would be appreciated

Thanks

All fixed - word of warning! - Windows 10 + NVidia drivers with no Optimus + EVGA Precision = bricked hardware - especially with samsung screens

had to rewrite the screen bios that were corrupted using Ubuntu and a rather complicated set of instructions!