Gigabyte Brix GTX PRO

jcagara08

I know I have been away for a while but can't help but notice all the developments towards eGPU and its public acceptance and adoption(some are just portability snubs that I almost been contaminated with the same thought process, maybe cause my desktop PC broke on me since 1 month maybe LOL hence my ideas now) I was looking to build a mini ITX pc since last year and now is the chance to do it with my limited resources and already available PC parts but I came across this post: http://www.legitreviews.com/gigabyte-brix-get-updated-skylake-processors-thunderbolt-3-geforce-gtx-950m-dual-gigabit-lan_177440

this could be a great portable solution for both desktop and egpu experience, this is my ultimate wet dream a NUC platform that supports MXM based gpus. And no dont want laptops anymore. Need an HTPC or a nuc that supports TB3

Enjoy!

gigabyte-brix-gaming.jpggigabyte-brix-gaming-inside.jpgbrix-skylake-gaming.jpggigabyte-brix-gaming-ports.jpgbrix-skylake-gaming-ports.jpg

Sent from my WORK PC using Mozilla

Edited by jcagara08
Added images

2 hours ago, kakashisensei said:

Looks like a very interesting product. But if you need thunderbolt for the epgu, why even need the mxm gpu. Intel is releasing a skylake quad core NUC called skullcandy, that only has an igpu and a thunderbolt port. Might want to check that out.

having a desktop grade GTX 980 in MXM format in a super compact factor would be great, heck even an SLI GTX 980M is beast but I know the market does not demand such, it is only a dream if not a niche.

ah yes, saw it on Linus Tech Tips channel few hours back yeah!;

my dream setup

dsc07266-100650805-large.jpg

dsc07239-100650800-large.jpg

nuc6i7kyk-front-back-645x363.png

skullcanyon-razer-core-1-645x432.jpg

I bet @Tech Inferno Fan is jumping on his seat now, like to hear from the eGPU big boss

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.