[Error 43 - Help?] 15.6" Dell Precision M4700 + GTX 580@2Gbps + PE4C v3.0 EC

GTobler

Dear community,

I've read a lot of entries but have failed to solve my problem so far. I continue to run into the error code 43, which I think is driver related?

Anyway: my setup is in the pictures at the end and consists of a Dell M4700 with an i7 3740QM. I try to connect a GTX 580 with a PE4C v3.0 from bplus via express card. For power I use a 350W psu with 24pin connector and I am using Windows 7. I've so far played around with the delay switches, which has thought me to leave them at 1 and 1. Any other combination gives me error 12. Furthermore I've used DDU to remove all my drives countless times, and reinstall the once form nvidia. If there is anything more I should post, please let me know, I'd be super stocked to get this up and running.

Please help. Why is this not working?

Best Regards,

Gabriel

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 10.11.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 10.11.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 10.11.36 PM.png

I've purchased and successfully installed setup 1.3. Once in there I've tried most settings without any luck. No other setup guide seems to be exactly the same.

Some threads mention that you need to do a DSDT override if you have 8 GB of ram. Is this true?

How do I know which settings to choose? I think I have to deactivate the dGPU. The rest of the settings I'm pretty much guessing.

After quite a few attempts, I managed to get the card to appear with no errors but very weird numbers in GPU-Z. See picture.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 11.47.49 PM.png

Edited by GTobler

• 4 weeks later...

>DSDT override if you have 8GB of RAM

Not true. This is for 16GB of RAM, IIRC.

However, it is common to have to perform a DSDT override if your laptop already has a dGPU in it when faced with Code 43, which, in your case, would be the Quadro K2000M.

On 4/19/2016 at 5:49 AM, GTobler said:

I managed to get the card to appear with no errors but very weird numbers in GPU-Z. See picture.

This happens some times with my eGPU setup. I have a ThinkPad X220 and GTX 580 via EXP GDC Beast; see sig.

The way I solved it is by shutting down, and then reseating everything. Usually the GFX card loses connection to the PC momentarily somewhere in the chain and GPU-Z shows null values like that. In the "Sensors" tab, I see 0.0MHz or 0% on everything when it happens.

This no longer happens since I mechanically secured my entire setup using the magic of zip-ties. Perhaps you could also check if your GFX card is securely and perpendicularly mounted in the slot - The 580 seems to be very heavy and mine tilted to one side due to its weight when I first installed it.

I am not sure if your problem is caused by the same issue, however. This is only my experience.

I wish you godspeed, OP.

Edited by Arbystrider

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.