Y510p Ultrabay Graphics card

gerald

On 2/9/2017 at 10:46 AM, gerald said:

This is only a PCIe x1 connection. You can't get the full performance of modern GPUs with a PCIe x1 connection.

Great, I put in an order :)
One more question: is it still only AMD cards that are compatible ? Will NVIDIA cards EVER be ?

On 9/1/2017 at 7:03 PM, K! said:

If I'm not mistaken, your best bet would be to get the one with NGFF M.2 to achieve PCIe x4 connection/transfer data rate.

15 hours ago, cajuil said:

If I'm not mistaken, your best bet would be to get the one with NGFF M.2 to achieve PCIe x4 connection/transfer data rate.

Actually this ultrabay mod allows you more performance than all the egu models that are on the market. I'm looking forward for the next bach prepared by Gerald 

17 hours ago, gerald said:

The cable expansion from NGFF supports only PCI x1. The Ultrabay connector supports PCI x8. 

Thanks for the information because I wasn't sure about that. The Ultrabay is the definite way to go, no doubt on that.

On 8/16/2017 at 2:06 AM, gerald said:

Hi everyone,

I just ordered the components for 50 adapters :-) 

The production will last about 6-8 weeks. The cost for one adapter is €80,- and €20,- for int. shipping.

If you want to buy an adapter pls register at this doodle link.

https://doodle.com/poll/2i5difnygxcs4ibp

Thanks Gerald! looking forward to get my hands on one.

My laptop needs more graphics powa!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody.
I have y500. I could not use the adapter with the laptop. Reboots... (knew that it would be so, but tried)
I can sell  the adapter through PayPal. Priority Russia.
The adapter is in perfect condition. I am packing as if to myself.
Thank you for attention.

On 9/28/2017 at 9:11 PM, Veter said:

Hello everybody.
I have y500. I could not use the adapter with the laptop. Reboots... (knew that it would be so, but tried)
I can sell  the adapter through PayPal. Priority Russia.
The adapter is in perfect condition. I am packing as if to myself.
Thank you for attention.

Hey, I want to buy the adaptor. I live in Poland so maybe we can find some international shopping company. How much you want for it? 

And also which country do you live? (to check how much would be the shipping) 

Send me a pm. Also delete your messages as I'm not able to pm you. 

Thank you, 

Olivian 

Yesterday I received my adapter, plugged it in without any card and got message about unauthorized card etc. I changed 1k resistor with 10k one mentioned on previous page and it started with the adapter plugged in (still without card) without any problem at all.

16 minutes ago, MWichni said:

Yesterday I received my adapter, plugged it in without any card and got message about unauthorized card etc. I changed 1k resistor with 10k one mentioned on previous page and it started with the adapter plugged in (still without card) without any problem at all.

This is an 'old' one, is it?

@ Gerald - out of curiosity, will the new cards have the 10k resistor? I've already 'downgraded' the BIOS, but, if possible, I'd like the option of going back to a more recent version. :-)

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by Bos Maior

• Brian pinned this topic

Guys I read along and decided to try this out myself. Just bought a 510p joined the doodle and processed the PayPal-payment. I also want to try the adaptor out with a Vega 56 or 580 card. Am curious about the Results!

If anyone has some experience with the vega cards, I would be glad to hear about them here!

Cheers,

Marvin

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Guys I read along and decided to try this out myself. Just bought a 510p joined the doodle and processed the PayPal-payment. I also want to try the adaptor out with a Vega 56 or 580 card. Am curious about the Results!

If anyone has some experience with the vega cards, I would be glad to hear about them here!

Cheers,

Marvin

I intend to buy either a Vega or the Radeon 580. Might take a few weeks, but I'll let you guys know how I've fared once I've bought and installed the card.