Get back Excel files after D drive

IsmoHakala

Hi Experts,
I formated my D drive but I have done by mistake. So I recover all data using Power Data Recovery  many file working ok but some Excel file corrupted and unable to open. How can I fix it?
Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

First try File | Open ... browse for the file, then click the dropdown triangle on the Open button and choose Open and Repair.  If it prompts, the "Repair" options is better, but if it fails, try again, choosing "Extract".
Then, check the size of the recovered file.  Is it likely all your data is included?  if so, you can try to access the data from the file without opening it by creating an external reference.  In cell A1 of a blank workbook, type a reference to the A1 cell of the corrupted workbook, following this format:
='C:\Folder\Path\[FileName.xlsx]SheeName'!A1
Beyond that, what is the file format?  There may be more options.

Also I recommended  for your situation try to use Excel Recovery Toolbox http://www.oemailrecovery.com/excel_recovery.html  This should help.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 years later...

In this case try to repair corrupt Excel file by making use of the Open and Repair inbuilt utility, and try to repair or else extract data.

This may works in your case to know more follow the steps:

• First click on “Open” in the File Menu
  • Then from the list, select the corrupted Excel file
  • Now, from the drop-down list of the “Open” tab, choose “Open and Repair
  • And click on Repair” to repair data as much as you can

• Or else click on “Extract” data to extract as data from

Hope this works in your case.