eGPU experiences [version 2.0]

Tech Inferno Fan

Short Review PE4C V3.0

Just plug n play

But The adapter will disable igpu automatically, detected by device manager

post-34411-14495000837833_thumb.jpg

I don't why my exp gdc v6.0 must run setup egpu 1.30

and this PE4C cannot run the setup. Just plug n play. Running at 1x 2.0 smoothly without any glitches :)

Any ideas ?

Short Review PE4C V3.0

Just plug n play

But The adapter will disable igpu automatically, detected by device manager

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16142[/ATTACH]

I don't why my exp gdc v6.0 must run setup egpu 1.30

and this PE4C cannot run the setup. Just plug n play. Running at 1x 2.0 smoothly without any glitches :)

Any ideas ?

Pls read to understand how the BIOS sets the eGPU or iGPU as the primary display upon detection. http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides-pc/2747-12-dell-e6230-hd7870-gtx660@x4gbps-c-ec2-pe4l-2-1b-win7-%5BTech Inferno Fan%5D.html

Refer to for UEFI variables that allow you to control that behaviour: http://forum.techinferno.com/dell-latitude-vostro-precision/9690-14-dell-latitude-e6430-performance-upgrades-system-mods-23.html#post145294

Hello!

I have a laptop samsing np550p5c (Core i5 3210M, intel HD 4000, GeForce GT650M, AMIBIOS Aptio, 8 GB RAM), EXP GDC V6 Beast, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 and ATX Chieftec A-135 (750W).

eGPU isn't detected, it was detected twice, but i didn't undarstand what it depends...

I trying to save port on Setup 1.30 and then restore this, thought that whitelist, but eGPU didn't detecting...

I was reinstalling windows from win 8 on win 7, but it did not help.

I was trying hotplug it in Setup 1.30 and when the laptop in sleep.

Wifi is working in this mPCIe, but egpu is not detected anyway i trying....

Can you help me guys?

P.S. Sorry for my english i was bad student at school)))

hi all,

well my question gonna sound a little bit Unprofessional, well i read the whole guide and i understand it.

But is it important to dsdt override for every graphic card and computer ? Well i have gtx970 and i didnt really need it, i had this Code error 12 but when u just disable the bridge that contain the dGPU you will just get enough resource and the error will be gone. u can even make it better work when u just install the diy egpu from @Nando and at the setup there just setup or change the settings as you wish.

Anyway i just wanted to ask if i need this i have an acer aspire v3-772g with 32gb ram and geforce 850m (dGPU= i just disabled the bridge installed the drivers and plugged my egpu GTX970 and it work normally and now i see at the device manage the intel (igpu) and the gtx970 but with one problem : my external monitor show no signal no idea why , could the dsdt override help me with that ?

Thanks

hi all,

well my question gonna sound a little bit Unprofessional, well i read the whole guide and i understand it.

But is it important to dsdt override for every graphic card and computer ? Well i have gtx970 and i didnt really need it, i had this Code error 12 but when u just disable the bridge that contain the dGPU you will just get enough resource and the error will be gone. u can even make it better work when u just install the diy egpu from @Nando and at the setup there just setup or change the settings as you wish.

Anyway i just wanted to ask if i need this i have an acer aspire v3-772g with 32gb ram and geforce 850m (dGPU= i just disabled the bridge installed the drivers and plugged my egpu GTX970 and it work normally and now i see at the device manage the intel (igpu) and the gtx970 but with one problem : my external monitor show no signal no idea why , could the dsdt override help me with that ?

Thanks

If you got it working, you obviously don't need it. DSDT override gets rid of that code 12 which you got rid off in another way. So if your setup is running fine now, why bother with other stuff?

Hi,

I have a very awful problem. I bought the EXP GDC Beast and a Nvidia GTX 960 card. I plugged everything in and connected it with a powersupply which brings enough power. Until here i didn´t have any porblems. But after this i plugged it on my Acer Aspire V3-772G and as i booted my laptop i just got an Blackscreen. I tried out a few things, i switches the two switches on the Beast, i started my laptop and pluuged in the eGPU after i started it and i searched the whole internet but didn´t find any ideas how to solve this problem. I fund out that it worked with an Acer Aspire V3-771, a earlier version of mine, so i think it has to work on my Laptop as well. Please, could somebody help me? If you need more information just ask. I also can post some pictures of this whole construction.

I really hope somebody can help me, when not I´ve thrown more than 250 Dollars out of the window :(

Greetings

Jacen

If you got it working, you obviously don't need it. DSDT override gets rid of that code 12 which you got rid off in another way. So if your setup is running fine now, why bother with other stuff?

Its not BOTHERING - its a forum where you ask for help. !! but thanks anyway for your kidness, my problem is as i asked before: my external monitor show no signal no idea why , could the dsdt override help me with that ? iam open for any solution .

P.S. i have Acer aspire v3-772g 32gb ram and gtx 850m as dgpu and intel hd... as igpu . my monitor is plugged to egpu gtx970 but monitor show no signal.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a very awful problem. I bought the EXP GDC Beast and a Nvidia GTX 960 card. I plugged everything in and connected it with a powersupply which brings enough power. Until here i didn´t have any porblems. But after this i plugged it on my Acer Aspire V3-772G and as i booted my laptop i just got an Blackscreen. I tried out a few things, i switches the two switches on the Beast, i started my laptop and pluuged in the eGPU after i started it and i searched the whole internet but didn´t find any ideas how to solve this problem. I fund out that it worked with an Acer Aspire V3-771, a earlier version of mine, so i think it has to work on my Laptop as well. Please, could somebody help me? If you need more information just ask. I also can post some pictures of this whole construction.

I really hope somebody can help me, when not I´ve thrown more than 250 Dollars out of the window :(

Greetings

Jacen

i have the same computer and i HAD the same problem but i solve it.

For explanition out BIOS is complacited. So thats what happening:

The black screen is because the BIOS detects the eGPU and doesn't know what to do with it.

To circumvent that, hotplug the eGPU after boot OR use the delay switches on the EXP GDC (CTD/PTD). didnt help !!

First of all make a jumper at youre ATX if you using it -> https://youtu.be/2e_enZDKNAY

why:

To prevent that, jumper the green and black wire on the ATX PSU to override the EXP GDC power management and keep the ATX PSU on.

the black screen wel keep coming what you have to do is Enter Windows normally and then just hotplugg it and install all drivers like that :

so you'll need to continue doing the sleep-resume method.

1. Go to Device Manager->View Devices By Connection. Find your dGPU. Directly above it will be a PCIe bridge. Disable it after which your dGPU will no longer be listed.

2. Delete ALL existing NVidia drivers. Then use "DDU" software to clear your registry of any NVidia registry settings which will also disable auto-install of drivers in Win8.10.

3. Install latest NVidia driver. Doing (1) should see you have more resources now so you might no longer see error 12.

and then you buy this and install it : -> @Nando http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2123-diy-egpu-setup-1-30-previously-setup-1-x.html

after you do all the tutorial there u just restart computer and lethim log in normally

and then you restart and enter the diy egpu and there u go setep AND THEN U UNPLUG THE WIFI AND PUT THE EGPU AND CLICK F5 and at the setup you just disable dgpu and ignore it and you put your computer at mbr AND NOT MBR2 and click F3 to add that info, you can disable the notusedbridges too its usefull and then just unplug 1 more time in the setup screen and put the wifi and then reboot after this u click 1 more time the diy egpu and go to the first Blue scrren and move just down and up ( for the auto start) and there u unplug the wifi and then plug egp and click chain.. the first 1 . and then its work

You will notice its working perfectly but the external monitor not working . i dont have yot solution for that. but people say you can do somrthing about it and the setting of diy egpu but didnt find it yet .

Have Fun

Its not BOTHERING - its a forum where you ask for help. !! but thanks anyway for your kidness, my problem is as i asked before: my external monitor show no signal no idea why , could the dsdt override help me with that ? iam open for any solution .

P.S. i have Acer aspire v3-772g 32gb ram and gtx 850m as dgpu and intel hd... as igpu . my monitor is plugged to egpu gtx970 but monitor show no signal.

Thanks

Just to be clear about this: I did not mean in any way that you're bothering us(=the forum) with your questions. I meant why you'd bother yourself with that stuff if you've got it working. I did not read the "not working external monitor" part at that moment though.

Still, no, I don't think a DSDT override will change anything if you haven't got any more errors shown and the card is working on the internal display(is it?).

Does the external monitor show up in the display settings of windows? Maybe it's simply not set up for use as extended display by default. Have you tried different connections(DVI, HDMI, Displayport)? You're not using a VGA connection on your monitor?

Just to be clear about this: I did not mean in any way that you're bothering us(=the forum) with your questions. I meant why you'd bother yourself with that stuff if you've got it working. I did not read the "not working external monitor" part at that moment though.

Still, no, I don't think a DSDT override will change anything if you haven't got any more errors shown and the card is working on the internal display(is it?).

Does the external monitor show up in the display settings of windows? Maybe it's simply not set up for use as extended display by default.

thanks for the fast answer. Well my Monitor of the laptop working perfectly and its HD and everything fine the only problem is the External one. the windows dont recognize it either i cant switch monitors in the properties and in the Fn+F5.

if i plugged the monitor to the laptop its uselees right? because its then the dGPU and not the eGPU (i didnt try it yet, because i know its not the purpose of the EXP GDC) all people plug the external monitor to the eGPU.

so i dont know where i should start searching:

Is it the driver ( i dont think so)?

Is it the windows? (8.1 pro)

is it the graphic card (gtx 970) ?

Is it something in the DIY eGPU setting ( i think so) ? but i dont know where to search. or how to solve it.

P.S, the external monitor working normally i plugged it at another laptop with the HDMI and it worked normally.

thanks

Hi Nando,

I have a Dell Vostro 3460 laptop (Intel Core i5 3210M, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000, NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M). The laptop does not have an Express Card slot, so I decided to use the WLAN card slot for eGPU.

I purchased an EXP GDC Beast eGPU (EXP GDC Beast Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock - US$49.99), and a MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G.

However, whenever I connect the PCIe cable to the slot on the EGPU, the screen of my laptop goes black. So I disconnect that cable and re-boot my laptop to Windows 7. After that, I turn my laptop to standby (sleep) mode and then turn on the EGPU and my laptop detect the GTX 960. I installed the driver for the GTX 960 (I uninstalled the driver of the GT 630M before that). However, when I restart my laptop, the screen goes black again.

Any solutions? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Your TOLUD=3.49GB. There is no way you can host your iGPU + eGPU within the 32-bit PCI config space with such a high TOLUD setting as locked in by your BIOS.

In which case your solutions are as follows:

1. Perfom the T430 specific DSDT override as shown by @Arteart at http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/7476-%5Bguide%5D-dsdt-override-fix-error-12-a.html#post104793 .

2. Install Win8 or newer which allows your eGPU to work regardless of if the iGPU isn't functioning. Then perform a PCI compaction with endpoint=56.25GB, scope=iGPU+eGPU and when asked to force which GPU to 32-bit, say eGPU. Idea there is for the eGPU to hijaak the iGPU 32-bit PCI config space and have the iGPU then error 12. You'd still get x1 pci-e compression but no accelerated internal LCD mode due to no functioning iGPU.

If you have any further questions regarding Setup 1.30, pls email me. I am avoiding this thread becoming a long winded troubleshooting process for users.

Good luck!

I have a win 8.1 on USB HD Boot but none of compactions works, is this happens because is USB HDD??? Tried DSDT Override but get stuck on compilation with errors and warnings, treid also this solution but i don´t know what to do with dsdt.asl file.....

Good day @Tech Inferno Fan,

I sent you an Email about my case and appreciate every help you can assist me with.

But thats not why iam here, my quesition is, do i need "DIY eGPU Setup 1.30". a lot of people told me that i need it but iam not sure.

i read all of that :

• encounter Windows error 12:cannot allocate resources requiring automated PCI Reallocation or IGP relocation. Note: Win7/8 users may want to try a simpler 36-bit root bridge DSDT override instead of using Setup 1.30.

-> i dont habe this Error but i have worse than it. Black Screen ( sent you everything in private message.)

• want to use x1E/x2E/x2/x4 higher performance pci-e links (x1E/x2E on Series-4 or older, x2/x4 on Series-5 or older chipsets)

-> Yes i bought GTX 970

• want to set pci-e 1.0 (2.5GT/s) or pci-e 2.0 (5GT/s) link speed (Series-6 or newer chipset).

-> Yes if possible

• require mPCIe anti-whitelisting (HP/Lenovo) to allow a wifi slot to work with a PM3N

-> i have Acer aspire V3-772g

• want to disable a dGPU in a hybrid graphics system to free up resources to host the eGPU

-> Is that even possible with acer ? because i dont have that option at all at the Bios.

• want to disable a dGPU in a hybrid graphics system to activate NVidia Optimus and if using a x1 link, engage x1 pci-e compression

-> Yes Sure

• want to initialize a NVidia video card prior to Windows boot to prevent hang/BSOD on startup or error43 in device Manager. Eliminates the need for a standby, attach, resume to overcome this problem.

-> its kind of my Problem, i think with the black Screen.

I aprreciate every help i could get. iam trying since 3 days and i still cant solve the problem.

btw i buy it anyway because its a good work you did there and i may use it at well if its work by me.

Thanks

I have the same problem: black screen.

I cannot boot if the eGPU is turned on (only a black screen is showed). I have to turn it off, boot to Windows, enter standby mode, turn the eGPU on, and resume my laptop in order for the eGPU to be detected. However, after installing driver for the external graphic card (MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G), an exclamation mark is added to its icon in Device Manager, showing Error 12. When I restart the laptop, the black screen comes back and I cannot boot again.

I want to purchase DIY Setup 1.30 to solve Error 12. However, the problem is that the black screen will now allow me to boot to select DIY Setup 1.30 item in the boot menu.

Nando, please help me!!!

Hi everyone, this is my first post here so I hope I'm in the right forum...

I have a Gigabyte Brix Pro mini PC (like a NUC), with a core i7 CPU and 16gb of RAM, running Windows 10. The device is here: GIGABYTE - Desktop PC - Mini-PC Barebone - GB-BXi7-4770R (rev. 1.0) and here is a picture of the internals: http://media.bestofmicro.com/S/O/413160/original/Brix-inside.jpg

I'd like to improve the gaming performance with a better GPU so I was considering a PE4C eGPU adapter plus a NVidia GTX960.

I read through all the forums but I couldn't find anyone who has successfully (or otherwise) done an eGPU setup on a Brix, NUC or other small format desktop PC (i.e. not a laptop). The device has a mini-PCI-E port and I'm not using the wifi card so I can remove it, but before I go ahead and spend the money on kit can anyone help with any of these questions? (BTW, I did contact gigabyte support and asked them about mPCIE whitelisting but their response was vague, only saying that they would guarantee the WiFI card works in the mPCIE and wouldn't guarantee any other card).

- Is there anyone out there who has made eGPU work on a mini desktop PC?

- Do gigabyte normally implement mPCIE whitelists in their BIOS? (Aptio/AMI BIOS)

- I have read that large amounts of memory causes problems. I have 16GB of RAM, will this stop it working?

- My Windows 10 boots up using UEFI/GPT, is this going to be a problem?

Guys, if you can offer ANY insight at all into this I would be REALLY, REALLY grateful!

Thank you !!!!!

Hello everyone, I'm from Argentina. Sorry for my English, I'm using google translator.

I have an DV6875SE laptop its specifications are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz 2MB Cache T5550

4 GB DDR2

Geoforce 8400GS-M 256MB dedicated

Win8.1 With Media Center x64

HP Pavilion dv6875se Notebook PC - Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

I am interested in buying PE4C-EC060A V3.0 + Zotac GTX 960 AMP Edition+ 750W Thermaltake

I do not want to use external monitor.

What I am interested is to use the integrated HP laptop monitor, and with this purchase get better FPS.

Games like Path Of Exile, Tera Online, War Thunder, Word of tanks, and maybe try Batman Arkham Knight?

The idea is to use the Express Card interface laptop. In order to remove and install easily.

You can run this combination? .- Thank you very much to all!

Hola a todos, soy de argentina. Disculpas por mi ingles, yo estoy usando traductor de google.

Dispongo de una portatil DV6875SE sus especificaciones son:

4 GB DDR2

GeoForce 8400GS M 256 MB dedicados

Win8.1 Con Media Center x64

HP Pavilion dv6875se Notebook PC - Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Yo estoy interesado en comprar PE4C-EC060A V3.0 + Zotac GTX 960 AMP Edition + Thermaltake 750W

Yo no quiero usar monitor externo.

Lo que estoy interesado es poder usar el monitor integrado de la portátil HP, y con esta compra conseguir mejores FPS.

Juegos como Path Of Exile, Tera Online, War Thunder, Word of tanks, y talvez intentar probar batman arkham knight ?

La idea es usar la interfaz Express Card de la portatil. Para poder remover e instalar fácilmente.

Puede funcionar esta combinación ?.- Muchas Gracias a todos!

Your CPU is nearly 9 years old and given it's a notebook CPU, I think you won't have any fun with an eGPU nor would you be able to play said games and therefore it's not worth it.

You most probably also wouldn't have Optimus support which would result in even less performance on a x1.1 connection. Your PSU is also way too oversized.

Hello!

I have a laptop samsing np550p5c (Core i5 3210M, intel HD 4000, GeForce GT650M, AMIBIOS Aptio, 8 GB RAM), EXP GDC V6 Beast, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 and ATX Chieftec A-135 (750W).

eGPU isn't detected, it was detected twice, but i didn't undarstand what it depends...

I trying to save port on Setup 1.30 and then restore this, thought that whitelist, but eGPU didn't detecting...

Can you help me guys?

Hello!

Can you help me guys?

Short the Green and Black wire on your ATX PSU as described at http://forum.techinferno.com/enclosures-adapters/8441-%5Bguide%5D-switching-atx-psu-using-paperclip-trick-swex.html to bypass the EXP GDC power management and have the eGPU started and ready before hotplugging. Otherwise there is a race condition where CLKRUN signal starts before the eGPU is ready and can prevent eGPU detection. Then play with sleep/resume system, hotplugging the eGPU adapter in Setup 1.30 (after boot with wifi) and the CTD/PTD delay switches.

mPCIe users seem to have better detection and Gen2 reliability with a BPlus PE4C V3.0 than with EXP GDC.

Hola a todos, soy de argentina. Disculpas por mi ingles, yo estoy usando traductor de google.

Dispongo de una portatil DV6875SE sus especificaciones son:

4 GB DDR2

GeoForce 8400GS M 256 MB dedicados

Win8.1 Con Media Center x64

Yo estoy interesado en comprar PE4C-EC060A V3.0 + Zotac GTX 960 AMP Edition + Thermaltake 750W

Yo no quiero usar monitor externo.

Lo que estoy interesado es poder usar el monitor integrado de la portátil HP, y con esta compra conseguir mejores FPS.

Juegos como Path Of Exile, Tera Online, War Thunder, Word of tanks, y talvez intentar probar batman arkham knight ?

La idea es usar la interfaz Express Card de la portatil. Para poder remover e instalar fácilmente.

Puede funcionar esta combinación ?.- Muchas Gracias a todos!

Holaa

La respuesta que te dio Morv, que coincide con la mia, es que tienes un portatil con una CPU de casi 9 años que funciona a 1.8GHz, por lo que usar eGPU no vale mucho la pena. Yo tengo un clevo w110er con una cpu i7 3630QM + 960 G1 y en juegos solo se aprovecha la mitad de la potencia de la 960. En tu caso seria demasiada perdida y te convenga mejor hacerte un pc de escritorio normal para jugar.

Saludos

Short the Green and Black wire on your ATX PSU as described at http://forum.techinferno.com/enclosures-adapters/8441-%5Bguide%5D-switching-atx-psu-using-paperclip-trick-swex.html to bypass the EXP GDC power management and have the eGPU started and ready before hotplugging. Otherwise there is a race condition where CLKRUN signal starts before the eGPU is ready and can prevent eGPU detection. Then play with sleep/resume system, hotplugging the eGPU adapter in Setup 1.30 (after boot with wifi) and the CTD/PTD delay switches.

mPCIe users seem to have better detection and Gen2 reliability with a BPlus PE4C V3.0 than with EXP GDC.

Hi, Nando, it is not working:(

i saw in bios settings that mPCI-e port (where I trying to connect eGPU) is reserved for LAN, what does it mean? Whitelist?

when I trying to 'iport save 1' it is not working to...

Looking for some advice on an enclosure and laptop purchase, centred around an EGPU setup for some gaming.

I already have a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming edition card that is quite long. I'm experiencing some graphic errors on boot that I think might be caused by the card so I *might* be able to RMA it and get it replaced with a smaller card. But let's assume for the moment that I can't.

Laptop purchase

I'm a fan of Lenovo's T/X/W Thinkpad range, and some reading here suggests Thunderbolt2 is the way to go for maximum PCIe bandwidth (?). The Thinkpad W541 comes with a TB 2.0 port, fuller spec can be found here: Lenovo ThinkPad W541 | Mobile WorkstationÂ*| Lenovo UK

I'm working on the assumption that this is a good choice for an eGPU (I believe it's in the 'good' list on one of the recommendation threads here). If there is something better, I'll need the laptop to be sturdy/premium build laptop with a global warranty (where I can get it serviced in a country outside the purchase country)

Enclosure

From what I've read, the AKiTiO Thunder2 is the preferred choice for a lot of users. Here are the things I would like from an enclosure, hoping someone can point me in the right direction:

- ability to fit a full (or over-)sized GTX 970 - L=312mm, W=129mm, H=43mm

- not needing a PC PSU to power it (desk space is a premium)

Implementation hopes/desires

- I want to run the eGPU through the laptop's display, hopefully with minimal performance loss

- I'd like it to be fairly seamless process - plug and play as much as possible, and not invalidating my warranty with (possibly) Lenovo

- will consider a slight loss in performance if I can get an enlosure that fits the card I have and can be powered with just the enclosure, or perhaps using some form of power brick

Let me know if anything I've said is nonsense/impossible. Haven't seen any people with a full length card in a closed enclosure in my browsing, hoping it's possible!

Thanks!

Hi all, sorry for my English, I use an interpreter Google. bought EXP GDC, is connected via a power supply ATX, connected via a mini-PCIe card includes include laptop stressed EXP GDS, but did not see the laptop graphics card. what to do?

My notebook: HP Pavilion g7 1179er.

My graphics card: ATI Radion HD7870

Help me please.

Hi guys,

I, (MBPro Retina 15" 2012 with internal Nvidia GT650M - Windows 10) am new to this eGPU thing and already read through some of the threads using the Akitio.

I got a PCIe-riser and an PSU attached to it but unlike some others my MBP doesn't recognize the Akitio connected via Thunderbolt at all.

Trying to boot it with it attached multiple times just caused my boot process to freeze.

(It didn't just pass the bootloading and installed Drivers for the Akitio like some other users told.)

I already read that i need the bootloader of Tech Inferno Fan to get the whole bootloader process overwith.

Now since some others got to get it working before the bootloader "Setup1.x" I don't know exactly if the bootloader will fix my Problems.

Would be nice if some of you experienced guys could give me some advice,

Best regards!:Banane18:

Looking for some advice on an enclosure and laptop purchase, centred around an EGPU setup for some gaming.

I already have a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming edition card that is quite long. I'm experiencing some graphic errors on boot that I think might be caused by the card so I *might* be able to RMA it and get it replaced with a smaller card. But let's assume for the moment that I can't.

Laptop purchase

I'm a fan of Lenovo's T/X/W Thinkpad range, and some reading here suggests Thunderbolt2 is the way to go for maximum PCIe bandwidth (?). The Thinkpad W541 comes with a TB 2.0 port, fuller spec can be found here: Lenovo ThinkPad W541 | Mobile WorkstationÂ*| Lenovo UK

I'm working on the assumption that this is a good choice for an eGPU (I believe it's in the 'good' list on one of the recommendation threads here). If there is something better, I'll need the laptop to be sturdy/premium build laptop with a global warranty (where I can get it serviced in a country outside the purchase country)

Enclosure

From what I've read, the AKiTiO Thunder2 is the preferred choice for a lot of users. Here are the things I would like from an enclosure, hoping someone can point me in the right direction:

- ability to fit a full (or over-)sized GTX 970 - L=312mm, W=129mm, H=43mm

- not needing a PC PSU to power it (desk space is a premium)

Implementation hopes/desires

- I want to run the eGPU through the laptop's display, hopefully with minimal performance loss

- I'd like it to be fairly seamless process - plug and play as much as possible, and not invalidating my warranty with (possibly) Lenovo

- will consider a slight loss in performance if I can get an enlosure that fits the card I have and can be powered with just the enclosure, or perhaps using some form of power brick

Let me know if anything I've said is nonsense/impossible. Haven't seen any people with a full length card in a closed enclosure in my browsing, hoping it's possible!

Thanks!

Hey.

Thunderbolt 3 egpu's have officially been allowed by intel and partners and the race is on to provide enclosures and laptops by major manufacturers such as MSI etc.

MSI is including a 'superport' in some new models that will allow you to add external gpus much more smoothly than possible now.

Also, Lenovo is coming out with amazing new models with full thunderbolt 3 support.

[h=1]https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IFA-2015/ThinkPad-P50-amp-P70-Hands-On/td-p/2164261[/h]

• Thumbs Up 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.