eGPU experiences [version 2.0]

Tech Inferno Fan

Hi guys,

I just read a couple of post and get a little idea of making egpu.

I just open up my laptop (sandy bridge) and it has wifi mPCIe slot. I am planning to use

GTX 970

550w atx power supply in my system.

My question is that, I am not sure what is the difference between the bplus adapters

Can someone care to explain what is the differences between PE4L and PE4C? or which is recommended for the setup above.Thanks

Hello all guys,

Let me expose my problem.

I've bought a nvidia gtx960 turbo 2gb ddr5 for my HP AIO m100ep...

I'm using a BEAST eGPU with mPCI-e interface but every time i start the PC the graphic card starts spining his fan too fast and the computer dont reconize it also.

It simply dont appear on the system...

I'm using a ATX PSU with 350W.

Can anybody help me? I'm been struggling against this for a long time. :ambivalence:

so after successfully doing the DSDT override on my Acer Aspire 5750, I am still encountering error 12 in device manager. I am using the EXP GDC Beast with mPCIe adapter and the GTX 750 Ti. Do I need to do the Setup 1.30 to overcome this?

so after successfully doing the DSDT override on my Acer Aspire 5750, I am still encountering error 12 in device manager. I am using the EXP GDC Beast with mPCIe adapter and the GTX 750 Ti. Do I need to do the Setup 1.30 to overcome this?

Yes, Setup 1.30 can hard allocate your eGPU into the large memory area created by your DSDT override. In addition you may need Setup 1.30 to downgrade your link to Gen1 since there's been lots of reports of the EXP GDC not Gen2 reliable.

Hi, this is my first message and i see a lot of people rlly do a lot of work to help anothers. i want to thank all the people who will help me, i'm not a english speaker so i will try to write properly and explain you my case.

I have:

-Packard Bell EasyNote TK85 (similar to some Acer Aspire).

-i5 480m

-4GB Ram

-dGPU: nVidia Geforce GT 540m

-eGPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti

-500W power supply.

I want to make an eGPU works because my dGPU is kinda broken.

I put all in position, and my PC doesn't recognize the card at all. I tried it on W10, seeing that didn't work on it i installed w7 on my PC t try with it and had the same result.

When i uninstall dGPU drivers and i instal eGPU drivers my PC recognise my 540m... so weird.. And there is a thing that is weird, if i turn on my PC with all plugged in and with power supply of the eGPU powered on, my screen laptop stays black, as well as my external monitor conected to eGPU and it stays some seconds running and it restarts then same happens again and restarts, that restart think has no end until i turn off my eGPU...

Hello all guys,

Let me expose my problem.

I've bought a nvidia gtx960 turbo 2gb ddr5 for my HP AIO m100ep...

I'm using a BEAST eGPU with mPCI-e interface but every time i start the PC the graphic card starts spining his fan too fast and the computer dont reconize it also.

It simply dont appear on the system...

I'm using a ATX PSU with 350W.

Can anybody help me? I'm been struggling against this for a long time. :ambivalence:

Pls refer to http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/11393-mpcie-egpu-troubleshooting-steps.html#post149873

Hi, this is my first message and i see a lot of people rlly do a lot of work to help anothers. i want to thank all the people who will help me, i'm not a english speaker so i will try to write properly and explain you my case.

I have:

-Packard Bell EasyNote TK85 (similar to some Acer Aspire).

-i5 480m

-4GB Ram

-dGPU: nVidia Geforce GT 540m

-eGPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti

-500W power supply.

I want to make an eGPU works because my dGPU is kinda broken.

I put all in position, and my PC doesn't recognize the card at all. I tried it on W10, seeing that didn't work on it i installed w7 on my PC t try with it and had the same result.

When i uninstall dGPU drivers and i instal eGPU drivers my PC recognise my 540m... so weird.. And there is a thing that is weird, if i turn on my PC with all plugged in and with power supply of the eGPU powered on, my screen laptop stays black, as well as my external monitor conected to eGPU and it stays some seconds running and it restarts then same happens again and restarts, that restart think has no end until i turn off my eGPU...

Pls refer to http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/11393-mpcie-egpu-troubleshooting-steps.html#post149873

Hi,

I just upgraded from windows 7 to 8.1 (clean install)

In windows 7, my egpu setup used to work perfectly.

In windows 8.1, I keep getting code 12.

I tried DSDT over ride as well, but that has not helped

EGPU: PE4H (2.5 Gbps)

Laptop: Hp Probook 4530s (8gb RAM)

Windows: 8.1 Pro x64

GPU: 560Ti

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16501[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16502[/ATTACH]

Please advise! And Thanks in advance!

Hi, can anyone guide me?

Regards,

hbd

Update: By some miracle, I did a teardown of my expresscard and put it back together and it worked the next day. My egpu turns on fine.

Now for the fun part! I did get the drivers that last supported the Optimus drivers, but the drivers are refusing to install or they come and go. I'm tempted to downgrade to Win 7 to see if it's a driver issue because my iGPU and my eGPU are not getting along.

Thankfully no Error 12. Mostly 28

Laptop: Lenovo SL400c

CPU: P8700 2.53Ghz

RAM: 4GB

iGPU: GM45

eGPU: PNY GT 640 DDR3 (temporary)

EXP GDC V6

Update: By some miracle, I did a teardown of my expresscard and put it back together and it worked the next day. My egpu turns on fine.

Now for the fun part! I did get the drivers that last supported the Optimus drivers, but the drivers are refusing to install or they come and go. I'm tempted to downgrade to Win 7 to see if it's a driver issue because my iGPU and my eGPU are not getting along.

Thankfully no Error 12. Mostly 28

Laptop: Lenovo SL400c

CPU: P8700 2.53Ghz

RAM: 4GB

iGPU: GM45

eGPU: PNY GT 640 DDR3 (temporary)

EXP GDC V6

Hi,

based on my own experience using Win 10, I'd recommend a downgrade from Win 10 to 7 . The automated driver installation of Win 10 screwed up everything for me. Even hiding the drivers with the special tool provided for Win 10 didn't work out well.

Hi,

based on my own experience using Win 10, I'd recommend a downgrade from Win 10 to 7 . The automated driver installation of Win 10 screwed up everything for me. Even hiding the drivers with the special tool provided for Win 10 didn't work out well.

How lame! It's been half a year and Win 10 still can't get their crap together with their drivers. I might as well downgrade back because two of my other devices got bricked from the upgrade and I don't think there's any driver support on them anymore.

Spent an hour this morning farting around trying to get my eGPU working on Win 10 on my 2570p, 750Ti wouldn't show up at all, 7750 installed but error 12'd.

Plugged the 750Ti into my old Precision m6300 with Win7, a C2D, and dedicated GPU, and it worked on external mode first time. Just a shame the C2D is rather old, and Gen1 makes for a not much better FPS than using the onboard, significantly worse GPU.

Problem description

1. eGPU is not detected,

2. We followed the Troubleshooting FAQ to resolve the problem, it doesnt help.

Platform Description

1. Win 7 pro 64

2. lenovo x220

3. 8Gb (2*4)

4. EXP GDC Ares+ GTX 660 ( also gtx 650ti)

5. Cooler Master RS 400 - pc PCAP -A3 ( also DPS 800 LBA)

Nearly several months ago it worked well, then we didnt use eGPU. When tried to start it again - eGPU was not detected. eGPU+ gtx 660 windows booted very slow but BIOS started. With gtx 650ti - OS booted fast, but eGPU was not detected at all. Videocards and PSUs worked well from the PC.

If i didn't make my pc recognise my card, do you recomend me to buy your program? Will it help me to recognise the card or i need to recognise it first?

i want to buy DIY setup 1.30. I will send you your 25$, should i do with friends and family option, or products and services one?

Only one more question, i saw in this post that win 8.X is better than win7 to make egpu work, what about win 10?

which one should i choose to start using DIY wgpu setup 1.30?

http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides-pc/6792-15-acer-aspire-5742g-gtx660ti%402gbps-c-mpcie1-pe4c-1-2-win8-1-%5Bniskon%5D.html

I brought a Pe4c 3.0 with PM3n.

My lap specs:

Dell Xps l502x

Intel chipset 6+ Motherboard

i7 2670 2.2ghz 2nd gen

Tolud 2.99 gb

Igpu: Intel Hd3000

Dgpu: Nvidia Gt540m

Egpu:Amd Radeon r7 250x OC

The EGPU setup is running without any problem in setup 1.x

But in win7 its showing code 43 no matter what i do.Now when i disable the Intel Display Driver,my EGPU(Radeon R7) runs fine.But without the Optimus(Intel graphics) Amd Egpu cannot function.I am having a Xps l502x laptop.

Occasionally device manager(for Amd Radeon) showed status that this device cannot work unless the other device is disabled.Is there a problem with the Intel(laptop built in card) and Amd(Egpu) sharing same resources?

I was running a pe4h 2.4 without any issues on this same laptop with the same Egpu Card.Why Pe4c 3.0 is giving this issue?

For a short while i thought that Pe4c 3.0 adapter might be defective.But as soon as i disable the Intel HD3000 integrated graphics in device manager followed by restart to apply changes Egpu is live and kicking.But without optimus lap won't allow the Egpu card to function either.

What is going wrong here? Do i need a DSDT override or DSDT substitution?Or is there some other easy way out?

Will a Pci.bat file containing the path to EGPu location work?

for eg:

":: Southbridge port1

@echo -s 0:1c.0 1c.w=3030 20.l=f101f000 24.l=d1f1c001 > setpci.arg

:: The NVidia GTX650Ti

:: @echo -s 2:0.0 24.w=3030 10.l=F000000 14.l=C00000C 1C.l=D000000C >> setpci.arg

setpci @setpci.arg

set pci_written=yes "

Please help as I am not sure what should be done.

I brought a Pe4c 3.0 with PM3n.

My lap specs:

Dell Xps l502x

Intel chipset 6+ Motherboard

i7 2670 2.2ghz 2nd gen

Tolud 2.99 gb

Igpu: Intel Hd3000

Dgpu: Nvidia Gt540m

Egpu:Amd Radeon r7 250x OC

The EGPU setup is running without any problem in setup 1.x

But in win7 its showing code 43 no matter what i do.Now when i disable the Intel Display Driver,my EGPU(Radeon R7) runs fine.But without the Optimus(Intel graphics) Amd Egpu cannot function.I am having a Xps l502x laptop.

Occasionally device manager(for Amd Radeon) showed status that this device cannot work unless the other device is disabled.Is there a problem with the Intel(laptop built in card) and Amd(Egpu) sharing same resources?

I was running a pe4h 2.4 without any issues on this same laptop with the same Egpu Card.Why Pe4c 3.0 is giving this issue?

For a short while i thought that Pe4c 3.0 adapter might be defective.But as soon as i disable the Intel HD3000 integrated graphics in device manager followed by restart to apply changes Egpu is live and kicking.But without optimus lap won't allow the Egpu card to function either.

What is going wrong here? Do i need a DSDT override or DSDT substitution?Or is there some other easy way out?

Will a Pci.bat file containing the path to EGPu location work?

for eg:

":: Southbridge port1

@echo -s 0:1c.0 1c.w=3030 20.l=f101f000 24.l=d1f1c001 > setpci.arg

:: The NVidia GTX650Ti

:: @echo -s 2:0.0 24.w=3030 10.l=F000000 14.l=C00000C 1C.l=D000000C >> setpci.arg

setpci @setpci.arg

set pci_written=yes "

Please help as I am not sure what should be done.

Pls email me for specific system troubleshooting. Email address is at http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2123-diy-egpu-setup-1-30-previously-setup-1-x.html#post27337 .

If i didn't make my pc recognise my card, do you recomend me to buy your program? Will it help me to recognise the card or i need to recognise it first?

i want to buy DIY setup 1.30. I will send you your 25$, should i do with friends and family option, or products and services one?

Only one more question, i saw in this post that win 8.X is better than win7 to make egpu work, what about win 10?

which one should i choose to start using DIY wgpu setup 1.30?

http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides-pc/6792-15-acer-aspire-5742g-gtx660ti%402gbps-c-mpcie1-pe4c-1-2-win8-1-%5Bniskon%5D.html

Pls refer to http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2129-diy-egpu-troubleshooting-faq.html . Prefer 'family and friends' Paypal option but will leave it to you if comfortable doing that.

Win8.1 is currently a better eGPU platform. Win10 isn't activating NVidia Optimus features unless rollback to a Win8.1 driver 350.12: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/10563-egpu-window-10-optimus-mode-problem.html

Pls refer to http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2129-diy-egpu-troubleshooting-faq.html . Prefer 'family and friends' Paypal option but will leave it to you if comfortable doing that.

Win8.1 is currently a better eGPU platform. Win10 isn't activating NVidia Optimus features unless rollback to a Win8.1 driver 350.12: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/10563-egpu-window-10-optimus-mode-problem.html

I'm sorry about posting on wrong threads, ty for moving my posts. I already paid :)

Nvidia optimus was to make viable to use egpu on laptop screen? if i'm not interested on that w10 is a good option?

I'm sorry about posting on wrong threads, ty for moving my posts. I already paid :)

Nvidia optimus was to make viable to use egpu on laptop screen? if i'm not interested on that w10 is a good option?

Pls check your INBOX.

Optimus gains two features: x1 pcie compression accelerating (mostly) DX9 apps 30-300% and an accelerated internal LCD mode. If you have a 5742G like you linked at http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides-pc/6792-15-acer-aspire-5742g-gtx660ti%402gbps-c-mpcie1-pe4c-1-2-win8-1-%5Bniskon%5D.html#post92801 then you cannot have an accelerated internal LCD mode because the LCD isn't wired to the iGPU. You can however enable the iGPU to gain the x1 PCIe compression.

As mentioned, Win8.1 enables all the desirable NVidia driver features. Win10 has some that are broken.

Pls check your INBOX.

Optimus gains two features: x1 pcie compression accelerating (mostly) DX9 apps 30-300% and an accelerated internal LCD mode. If you have a 5742G like you linked at http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides-pc/6792-15-acer-aspire-5742g-gtx660ti%402gbps-c-mpcie1-pe4c-1-2-win8-1-%5Bniskon%5D.html#post92801 then you cannot have an accelerated internal LCD mode because the LCD isn't wired to the iGPU. You can however enable the iGPU to gain the x1 PCIe compression.

As mentioned, Win8.1 enables all the desirable NVidia driver features. Win10 has some that are broken.

I will follow your advices and use w8.1, to use the best option could help me, thank you for the answers.

I don't have that exactly laptop, i have packard bell easynote tk85, i use same motherboard and bios than that acer laptop or that was what i thought.

I fixed that error thanks to an older post you resolved saying to edit a .bat file. Now I am not able to detect my egpu, and I think my pci detects some Broadcom thing (WiFi of course is unplugged and egpu plugged on mpcie) I have this picIMG_20151116_003122.jpg

I fixed that error thanks to an older post you resolved saying to edit a .bat file. Now I am not able to detect my egpu, and I think my pci detects some Broadcom thing (WiFi of course is unplugged and egpu plugged on mpcie) I have this picIMG_20151116_003122.jpg

To gain mPCIe eGPU detection, pls work through http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/11393-mpcie-egpu-troubleshooting-steps.html#post149873

I detected egpu enabling all pci ports and disabling port 1 (broadcom), this way i get my egpu detected by the program so i think that trobleshooting stemps are not usefull to me now, my problem now is that i am not able to save those settings on startup.bat to make it auto when i run DIY setup 1.3.

I made a lot of progress tonight just by myself hahahaha

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.