ASUS G750JS + 765M

roca44

Hi,

I have an Asus 750js motherboard with a 765m. The think is that the GPU is not working at all. The hardware id its PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E2&SUBSYS_11E210DE&REV_A1 but that SUBSYS doesnt exist.

Maybe im having a compatibility issue, cause the mother that cames with the 765m its the 750jw.

Anyone knows if the 765m works with the 750js, in case that dont, can i flash the mother with a 750jw bios?

Any ideas will be helpful

Thanks

The GPU uses a standardized MXM socket so it should work with your laptop. Have you uninstalled previous drivers and installed the latest NVIDIA driver package from their website? Also be sure to check your temps and make sure your power adapter is powerful enough. What card were you previously using?

• Bios Modder
17 hours ago, roca44 said:

Hi,

I have an Asus 750js motherboard with a 765m. The think is that the GPU is not working at all. The hardware id its PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E2&SUBSYS_11E210DE&REV_A1 but that SUBSYS doesnt exist.

Maybe im having a compatibility issue, cause the mother that cames with the 765m its the 750jw.

Anyone knows if the 765m works with the 750js, in case that dont, can i flash the mother with a 750jw bios?

Any ideas will be helpful

Thanks

You have motherboard from  Asus 750js?  And then install GTX765M from  Asus 750jw?

10 hours ago, Jimma said:

The GPU uses a standardized MXM socket so it should work with your laptop. Have you uninstalled previous drivers and installed the latest NVIDIA driver package from their website? Also be sure to check your temps and make sure your power adapter is powerful enough. What card were you previously using?

Hi,
I already tried a lot of drivers(Asus too), clean installation, Windows 7, Windows 8,  but the problem its always the same. The device shows a Code43 and the SUBSYS never change, a little google investigation shows no results at all for my SUBSYS.
I always use this card, the thing is that i bought a ASUS G750JW in ebay, but one day died. I sent it to the house were i bought it, but when i received the laptop, got this problem. I guess they exchange the motherboard, the computer works ok, except for that my GPU is useless.

4 hours ago, Klem said:

You have motherboard from  Asus 750js?  And then install GTX765M from  Asus 750jw?

i bought a ASUS G750JW in ebay, but one day died. I sent it to the house were i bought it, but when i received the laptop, got this problem. I guess they exchange the motherboard, the computer works ok, except for that my GPU is useless.

5 hours ago, Klem said:

Of course no brick.

Hi Klem,

Im trying to update the bios to the G750JWAS.210 using EZFlash tool from Asus Bios, but i get an error "Incompatible Bios".

I tried with afudos on a bootable usb, but i get a size error.

Update: Checking the size of the backup its 6144KB and the size of the G750JWAS its 6146KB

Any ideas?

Edited by roca44

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, roca44 said:

Hi Klem,

Im trying to update the bios to the G750JWAS.210 using EZFlash tool from Asus Bios, but i get an error "Incompatible Bios".

I tried with afudos on a bootable usb, but i get a size error.

Update: Checking the size of the backup its 6144KB and the size of the G750JWAS its 6146KB

Any ideas?

Post here your actually backup of bios.

On 3/31/2016 at 11:08 PM, Klem said:

Ok. Unzip and then flash attached bios. Use Afudos with command:  afudos  G750JW.bin  /p  /b  /n  /x  /r

G750JW.rar

Hi Klem, 

I flash with that bios and afudos but now I got no imáge at all. 

Any ideas? 

30 minutes ago, Klem said:

Describe exactly what now?

after the flash was complete,  i restart the computer and now got no image, i only see my screen black, but nothing happends.

I tried with no luck. 

I use a usb stick with fat32 name the file G750JW.bin.  I can see that the stick is in use,  but I cant see nothing on the screen.  I dont know if it should show something. 

Edited by roca44

11 minutes ago, Klem said:

No, for recovery procedure you need use the file your backup of bios. Just rename it from old.bin to G750JS.bin

OK, i did it but nothing seems to happend.

This is what i did, maybe i did something wrong.

1)rename my backupfile to G750JS.BIN and copy in the stick(FAT32)

2)Press control+home and the power button

The laptops turn on, but i cant see nothing on the screen, i see the usb stick working,then the laptop restarts, but nothing seems to happend.

It always stays black.