(E)GPU is running a low voltage (EVGA 750 ti SC)

wmjnottriell

I have a

I'm Running Windows 10 pro on.....

2011 2.4GHz i7 quadcore Mac Mini with 16GB ram

Akitio Thunder2 pcie chassis with a EVGA gtx 750 ti SC (2gb) running over thunderbolt 1

400 watt continuous power EVGA psu with a barrel plug spliced onto an 8pin connector (4 yellow 12v) (4 black grounds) with paperclip trick applied

Ok so I have a few different hardware monitoring apps and they all say that my 750 ti is running at  .962 volts. That seems to low to me. I even successfully flashed the bios by following this tutorial

http://cryptomining-blog.com/1014-how-to-increase-the-geforce-gtx-750-ti-power-target-limit/

I've played around with Msi Afterburner and PrecisionX 16 and nothing helps. I feel like the voltage being so low is the main reason why my gpu is very unpredictable and jumps frame rates like crazy. it will be running for example tom clancy's ranbow 6 siege on everything high @1920 getting over 60fps and then i'll start it up again and it'll be 8fps or something. I just don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Bill