Possible solution to the infinite spinning orbs

tusctodd

I stumbled upon this by accident.  I'm not certain if it works 100% of the time but so far, for me, it has.

I have a 2015 13" Macbook Pro.  Like many of the users on this forum, I have to use the timing trick to get Windows to load the drivers from my external graphics card.  Most of the time it works no problem, but every now and then I get the infinite spinning orbs and the machine simply hangs.

What I have found that may bypass this issue is to plug a device into a USB2 port.  I did it with my mouse by accident.

To sum it up:

1) Boot Windows

2) plug in TB2 when spinning orbs start

3) if Windows boots normally (done)

4) If Windows hangs at the spinning orb screen, insert USB2 device

5) SHOULD boot into windows normally at the point.

Perhaps some other users can try this and either confirm or deny that it works for them.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this project.  It made setting up my external box really easy!