Missing higher resolutions after upgrading to El Capitan on MBP 2011 (10.11.3) + 780 Ti

Hey guys,

I recently upgraded from 10.9.5 to 10.11.3 and am now missing the native resolutions for my ASUS 2k display. I can only select 1080p when I'm using the Nvidia web drivers. The native 2560 x 1440 px.

When I switch to the OS X Default Graphics Drivers the higher resolution is working again. Strange thing then, my Geforce GTX 780 Ti is recognized as "Ashley" not as "GTX 780 Ti".

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

On the Nvidia page it says "BETA support is for iMac 14,2 / 14,3 (2013), iMac 13,1 / 13,2 (2012) and MacBook Pro 11,3 (2013), MacBook Pro 10,1 (2012), and MacBook Pro 9,1 (2012) users. " - is it possible that they dumped support for older models like mine (8,3)?

Your help is really appreciated.

Hannes

Attached images:

1 with NVIDIA Web Driver

1.png

2 with OS X Default Graphics Driver

2.png

Edited by SmutjeHannes
changed topic to reflect it more accuratly

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Dschijn said:

Connected with HDMI?

Thanks Dschijn, your question led me to trying out connection the display via DisplayPort and it actually did the trick. Seems like the new NVidia drivers for the new OS changed the HDMI resolutions... which is a step backwards but whatever ;)