EGPU Ticking noise under load

Crof

Hey guys.

I've finally gotten my egpu up and running, and when i enter a game, the card / box makes a ticking noise. Has anyone else experienced this? I cannot say if this comes from the card or the akitio box. Sorry.

Im running macbook pro retina w/750M. Geforce 970 gtx and aikitio thunder 2 box.

I haven't been able to test another card in the case as i only have 1.

I'd love to hear solutions to this problem as I'm going mental of the ticking noise.

I found a video in your link that does describe somewhat my problem. Though im not entirely sure thats the right noise. These seem to be high squeaking noises whereas mine is kind of a mechanic clicking. Soooo annoying. i'll have a look to see if i can narrow down the problem. Thanks!

Edited by Crof

GTX 970 tend to have problems like that, because the power delivery of them is too weak. Also some PSUs might cause that problem.

Can you test in Windows to udnerclock the card and see if you still hear it?

• 3 weeks later...