P370em black screen

Krayzi3Bon3

Hello. My crossfire 7970m clevo p370em boots to a black screen. Sometimes I get a blue one with lines or just random corrupted pixels. This points me to belive the gpu has died especially since the hot keys for keyboard lighting work. When it was last working, crossfire was disabled so I am thinking that the second gpu is still working but I don't know how to switch to that one. Is there a cable I can unplug inside the laptop? I am not good with hardware meddling.. Also,if I can't even see the bios is it possible that the motherboard is the problem? Please help, any info is great. Thank you

If the 2nd card is still working (highly likely) you will need to physically install the 2nd card into the motherboard's primary slot. With the laptop flipped over and turned so that the heatsinks are closest to you, the primary slot is the one closest to you on the right. The slot is closest to the back and also in line with the back.

This sounds like the issue is the card and not the motherboard.

Thanks for the reply. I now know for sure it's the gpu because I can input the password even if I can't see the screen and after hitting enter the WiFi e

Led turns on. But I've never taken it apart. It would mean I have to repaste as well...

Ok so I took everything apart. That's the easy bit I guess. Now to put the slave gpu into the master slot and repaste. But what should I do with the second heats ink if I'm not going to insert the second gpu anymore. Should I leave it in? And another question is can I use wet wipes to clean the old paste because I don't have any of that special alcohol