Y510p doesn't start anymore need assistance/suggestions

mickeymicky

So recently my lenovo Y510p sometimes freezes for about 5 seconds every 10-20 seconds when I play games and that could cause the laptop to restart.

Few days ago this happened again, it tried to restart but it stuck on lenovo loading screen. After several attempts of restarting it starts auto repairing/diagnosing and a message popped up afterward saying “The application or operating system couldn’t be loaded because a required file is missing or you’ll need to use the recovery tolls on your installation media. If you don’t have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC".

I called lenovo support and found out the warranty expired, he suggested me to not restore back to factory setting if i want to keep files inside HDD instead I could order a recovery disc?

Is this the best option I have right now or are there better options? If it cost too much I might as well forget about retrieving files from the hard drive. 

I'd really appreciate if anyone can help! 

If you have another computer you could pop the drive out, and plug it in to your other computer as a USB or via SATA etc, depending if you have a external drive shell.   Then backup your stuff and plug the drive back in and do a restore.

This can also help:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-update/error-code-0xc000000f-the-application-or-operating/6ce1d1cc-309f-4cf4-899a-da4c8c244f4e

Same thing though, back up what you can to another computer.

Edited by IR1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for replying.

Over the past few days I've tried multiple things like using Hiren Bootcd and get into mini win XP/using portable win 8.1 usb and when I attemp to open hdd in these system error messages would pop up saying "not accessible" or "corrupted files" 

I tried installing EaseUS data recovery software and got a few files recovered, it takes too long to scan all the files (40% scan in 30 hours).

I just tried to connect this broken HDD onto another computer and same thing happened, it would say it's not accesssible and 0 byte used 0 byte free in property.

Now my only option is to run EaseUS recovery for a week and see how much i can recover through that..