M17x R4: Upgrading GTX 675m to GTX 860m issues [SOLVED]

TechPanda

Hi, I recently bought a GTX 860m from a Clevo as well and I'm trying to install it into my Alienware m17x R4.  After weeks of periodically working on this in my free time, other forum's threads have led me to this site!

The problem I'm having is that the OEM Nvidia & the Dell drivers do not see my card:

"Install Cannot Continue - The Graphics Driver Could Not Find Compatible Graphics Hardware."

I have been able to get the latest OEM Nvidia drivers to install by modifying the INF file as described in this thread:

However, even though my Windows 10 version 1511 (OS Build 10586.63) now has drivers installed, none of my programs still can't see the GPU card?  I've tried Photoshop CC 2015, Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Rainbow 6 Siege, etc.

I have posted help questions on every site I can think of: Dell, Alienware, Nvidia, uPlay, Adobe, etc.

I don't really know what else to do, I've been at this for weeks and I even did a fresh install of Windows to start from a clean slate.

Thank you!  I really hope this forum will finally end my long search on how to get my card working!

GPU-Z:

VjcKR5C.png

Edited by TechPanda