Will this work? BPlus PE4H > HDMI > TB3

Carsonblax

So I am planning on getting my first laptop later this year when I graduate from Highschool, I have narrowed down my choices to the XPS 13 Qhd touch and the XPS 15 Fhd non-touch. This is where the egpu comes in. I will be going to school to study civil engineering and expect that I will need to be able to use autoCAD and other 3D software which would be easier to run on the XPS 15 that has a built in gtx960m but only the fhd non-touch screen and is less mobile than the 13. If I were to get the 13 that does not have a discreet graphics chip but is much more mobile than the 15, would I be able to build an egpu setup using this pcie adapter http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4H.html and any TB3 > HDMI adapter?

That would not work, Thunderbolt uses a chip on the "wire" or "adapter" that translates the signal.  So a wire that is meant for Video like HDMI will not transfer data.

What you will need is a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt/2 adapter and a thunderbolt box like Akitio Thunder 2, or Sonnet one and so on.  But Supposedly very soon(mid year) the Thunderbolt 3 GPU boxes will be announced/released so no need to buy adapters.  You can also look into the Razer Blade Stealth which will soon be accompanied by the Core(GPU Enclosure with USB Ports).

I have the Dell XPS 13 9350(16Gig RAM, 512 SSD) and have an Akito TB box, but no adapter from TB2 to TB3 yet as they are set to ship in Feb.  I hope that clears things up for you.

Rich.