kkzhe

Hi all,

I just received and installed a new GTX 970M into my Clevo P150EM. It was a bit tricky at first but I finally got it to work by modding the .inf and installing the 358.50 driver from nVidia. However, I had a couple questions. The card is working but I can hear a buzzing sound when playing GTA V, The Witcher 3, etc... Also, when the game is fullscreen and I click anywhere within the game, the screen flickers and then minimizes. I've also been trying to figure out how to flash Prema's vBios for the 6gb 970M onto this card, but whenever I try to take the write protection off a menu pops up with a beep but then promptly disappears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The buzzing is normal. You will hear it to a varying degree in most games. I am not familiar with witcher 3 so I don't know how to fix that.

As for flashing the bios, there should be no need to try to disable any write protection. The nvflash version that prema provides will flash without any additional steps besides making sure the card is on. You can do this by disabling the driver for it in the device manager.

Okay, well it's good to hear that the buzzing is normal. I've tried running the ModMe.bat file but it just says that it can't open the 970vbios.rom file. I've also tried running the nvflash.exe file but it quits on its own and doesn't allow for any typing. I tried using this video  as a guide, but all of the menus close on their own. NVIDIA Inspector says that my current bios is 84.04.22.00.EC [MODIFIED].

3 hours ago, Khenglish said:

You need to open a command window and run nvflash from that. You can't just click it and run it. Same with the modme file. Also modme, nvflash, and the vbios all need to be in the same folder.

Yeah, I've done exactly what that video I link shows, but when I type into command prompt screen it closes on its own. 

18 minutes ago, Marceli said:

What was the Thermal Pad that you used for your new Graphics Card?

The person I bought the card from provided me with thermal pads so I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to, sorry. 

• 4 months later...

How did you get yours to work???? I just installed a gtx 970m in my p150em as well and after installing the modded vbios and modding the inf and installing the latest nvidia drivers i cant get my laptop to use the 970m instead of the intel integrated. I even have the nvidia settings set to use the advanced 3d settings and set it to use the nvidia performance processor. Any ideas?

• 1 year later...

Hi all

i'm new to this forum and i really seeks any help from any gentlemen here to help me out with this please ! i've had  METABOX (it's a CLEVO actually,but in Australia called it Metabox) yes,it's a Clevo P150EM,i just flash the bios from the stock is 1.00.03A and the EC 1.00.03 to 1.02.14 then after flash to 1.02.14,i've got problem with windows7 update,can not checked for win update,everytime i click on check for win update,it showed error message  that win update already running,u should restart the windows then check 4 update again,i restarted over n over again still same error,i was thinking i might have bricked my laptop,but i did not give up,i tried to flash to Prema bios mod 1.02.17PM V2 n thinking it may fix the win update,but after flash to Prema 1.02.14PM V2,same old error,i tried to remove the main battery,unplug cmos batt,coz i thought may be some thing with the time,but not fix it,i did give it up,n did looking for another P150EM,but no available,have no choice,i have to come back to the laptop,tried to searched the web for win update error,guess what's ? i found a way by did some work in command promt,n reset I.E 11,then i can started to checked,then download windows update normal,GOD help me ! i was about to break it with hammer,then at last it's an easy fix,but i thought i break my laptop,phew !! now i'm thinking about buying a GTX 980M or 970M or 680M,or may be AMD 7970 to install,because when i bought this P150 in about 1 week ago,the seller warning : he got lots of BSOD when he play game ( it has GTX 675M) in it,n seller said to me may be it about the driver,so it has BSOD all the time,n i thought so,but after i got it,it not simple as i first thought,the 675M may be dead ! i can installed Nvidia driver normal,but every time i run win7 index,then BSOD,every single time ! i took the 670M out of my MSI GT70 put in P150,not even install any new driver,it run win7 index without any problem,then i tried to put the 675M into the GT70,and i can not install any driver for 675M in the GT70 ! so i'm sure some thing must be very wrong with 675M,cos the 670M taken out from GT70 work straight out the box in P150 n GT70,but 675M i can installed driver in P150,but can not run 3D apps,when put it in GT70,can't install any driver ? any gentlemen can help,and tell me can i run 980M,970M,680M or 7970 with this Clevo P150EM ? and with PREMA Bios mod 1.02.17PM V2 already in it,do i have to flash any vbios for installing any of those cards ? if need to flash vbios,can any one help me with step by step,easy n simple guide i can follow,because i am a 52 years old dumbest person in the whole world,i have to admit it ! please help me to get this magniffecient laptop some more juices,i don't play game,i am too old for it,i've never play any game n i will never play,i just use it for some light photos works,n i'm a disability pensioner,i can't work,so i spend most of my time at home,n got nothing to do,hence i want to do some experiment with laptop,i want to have a powerful laptop,but never play any game with it,that's make you guys must be wonders why ?? well as u can see a lots of old guys bought a lots of fast car,but never drives the car as fast as for its design purpose ,they're just want to own it,feels it,it's the joys, like Jay Leno does ! that's all ! but i love this CLEVO P150EM,coz it remind me of my VAIO Z1390X,then Z2390X,then the last of its kind : SVZ13,i owed all 3 of those kind,n still love them dearly ! this P150EM got some thing similar to the Z are : beautiful 95% color gamut TN screen,make the color looked vibrant,alive,has fingerprint scanner,synaptis software for touch pad : lots of function for touch pad like the Z ! n lastly : the color keyboard ! yes, that's all the reason i love this P150EM so much ! so please help me,please ! so sorry for a very long,long post,n my terrible,bad English,please excuse me for those n help me if any one can please ! thanks so much for your times reading this.

Kind regards.

Edited by chaccadao

Hey mate, I've got a P150EM as well (Metabox is the reseller here in Australia) and upgraded it with a 980m about a year and a half ago. I ordered mine from Eurocom (upgrade link: http://www.eurocom.com/ec/upgrade(2,272,0)CLEVO_P150EM_SAGER_NP9150) and as far as I know it comes shipped with the latest V2 prema vBIOS. Just check with the seller if the prema V2 vBIOS are already installed on the card before buying.

The only thing with this is you have to is install drivers using a modded INF via https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/

On 12/7/2017 at 1:47 PM, duffman_777 said:

Hey mate, I've got a P150EM as well (Metabox is the reseller here in Australia) and upgraded it with a 980m about a year and a half ago. I ordered mine from Eurocom (upgrade link: http://www.eurocom.com/ec/upgrade(2,272,0)CLEVO_P150EM_SAGER_NP9150) and as far as I know it comes shipped with the latest V2 prema vBIOS. Just check with the seller if the prema V2 vBIOS are already installed on the card before buying.

The only thing with this is you have to is install drivers using a modded INF via https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/

Hi My Aussie Friend.

Thanks so much 4 responded to help me out ! at last in here only my countryman to help me out ! coz i've been waited for couple of days,i can't get any responded or help from any Gentlemen here,while so desperate,i took a risk n bought a Nvidia GTX 970M from a guy in Melbourne here,i told him i just flash the stock bios is 1.00.03A to Prema's 1.02.17PM V2 bios already,now the only thing i am worries is i don't know which brand of laptop he pull out this GTX 970M,cos if it's from Alienware or other n not from Clevo,then i must flash the Vbios  for the card to works in my P150EM,but he said : the card he pull out of his Alienware 17,he bought it b4 to upgraded his AW,n he said the card is generic one,so it should works in any laptop,so i was very concern,but i tried to bite the bullet n bought it,went home,installed n boots up,it's boots into Windows without any problem,when i checked device manager,it showed Intel HD 4000 on top,n standard VGA adapter under ! i've followed the the guy on the top of this page installed nvidia 358.50,but it showed incompatibility,at that time my heart sunken ! i tried some latest drivers,but no success,i knew it won't works with any latest drivers as the Gentleman said on top of the page,but when i was desperate,i tried any thing ! lucky me,i've the USB i kept all the Nvidia drivers date back to 340.xx something,i then tried 355.98,n guess what ? it's compatible,n ask to agree n installing smoothly,so after driver installed,i can run Win7 index OK,i don't play game,just did some light photos works n surf the web only ! i'm so happy,at last it done now,but i don't know why : i can't installed any latest drivers other than 355.98 ! i tried to update to newer drivers,but no success,only 355.98 for this GTX 970M at the moment,but i don't mind,i don't game any way,so again thanks so much for ur concern n help me out Mate ! God bless you ! cheers.

Best regards.

Edited by chaccadao
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, duffman_777 said:

No worries mate. If you ever need to update the drivers, you'll need to disable driver signature enforcement: 

Then follow the steps shown in https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/14640-how-to-use-the-modded-inf/

Hi Buddy

I've followed the link u provided above,but could not download the driver ! when i clicked on "download driver pages" ,  it's showed error,said "the page you requested does not exist" ! may i asking : have u do this b4 ? please ! if u did,could u walks me through it slowly ? please ! i'm a dumb old fork (52 years) u know ! if u haven't done this process b4,no worry though ! but if u can help me to get this done,so i can update to new drivers,which is gr8,if not it's OK ! thanks so much Mate.

Regards.

Yeah looks like some links in that don't work anymore.

1) Ok, so you get the drivers from the nVidia website here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us 

2) Once the driver file is downloaded, you need to unzip the file using 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/download.html) (right click the driver file > 7zip > extract files... . Navigate to desktop and click ok). You should now have a folder with the same name as the driver file sitting on the desktop. In this case, it should be called "388.59-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql".

3) Download the .inf file from https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/. At this time, the latest driver .inf file will be under GeForce r387 series > GeForce 388.59 Mobile OEM. Right click save link as on the "388.59_win10x64 Modded INF" link and save it to the desktop.

4) Now, copy the downloaded .inf file to the extracted driver folder from step 2 under the "Display.Driver" folder (388.59-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql > Display.Driver). Click yes when it prompts you to replace an existing file.

5) Follow the video above to disable driver signature enforcement.

6) In the extracted driver folder from step 2, run setup.exe. Go through the standard install options and the driver will start installing. You may get a dialog box asking if you want to install the driver or not - click yes/ok.

All done! Now whenever there is a new driver, you can follow the above steps to get it installed. Let me know if you have any problems.

59 minutes ago, duffman_777 said:

Yeah looks like some links in that don't work anymore.

1) Ok, so you get the drivers from the nVidia website here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us 

2) Once the driver file is downloaded, you need to unzip the file using 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/download.html) (right click the driver file > 7zip > extract files... . Navigate to desktop and click ok). You should now have a folder with the same name as the driver file sitting on the desktop. In this case, it should be called "388.59-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql".

3) Download the .inf file from https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/. At this time, the latest driver .inf file will be under GeForce r387 series > GeForce 388.59 Mobile OEM. Right click save link as on the "388.59_win10x64 Modded INF" link and save it to the desktop.

4) Now, copy the downloaded .inf file to the extracted driver folder from step 2 under the "Display.Driver" folder (388.59-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql > Display.Driver). Click yes when it prompts you to replace an existing file.

5) Follow the video above to disable driver signature enforcement.

6) In the extracted driver folder from step 2, run setup.exe. Go through the standard install options and the driver will start installing. You may get a dialog box asking if you want to install the driver or not - click yes/ok.

All done! Now whenever there is a new driver, you can follow the above steps to get it installed. Let me know if you have any problems.

Hi Buddy

Thanks 4 quick responded ! the inf file for 388.59 is only for windows 10 isn't it ? i tried to look at the download section for couple of hours yesterday,but couldn't find the inf file for Win7 ! do you think that inf file will works for win7 ? coz i am running win7 for my P150EM,i don't like the win10 (i'm an old school) i was thinking update nvidia (nv) to 372.90 first,see how it going from there,then installs latest drivers after,but could not find any inf file for 372.90 either,only some inf file for previous drivers date back to 340.xx ,so i'm stuck now. so u think inf for win10 is only work with win10 or can works for win7 too ? please ! thanks so much Mate.

Regards.

5 hours ago, duffman_777 said:

If the windows 10 inf doesn't work, the driver won't install so there is no risk in trying.

Try this inf file for 372.90 https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/31683-geforce-37306-nvidia/

Hi Buddy

It's not a good news,i can not get any drivers installed ! i followed ur instruction above by extracted NV 372.90 to the desktop,then click on the link to get into the INF files page,click save page as ,file name : 373.60_win10x64 Modded INF , save as type : all files , and saved to desktop,when used 7zip to extracted INF into the display driver,it's showed " can not open file as archive " ! ...???? while i can not extracted it,i then copied INF into the display driver inside of 373.60 folder,n restarted,i also disable driver signatures as well,but the NV installer always showed incompatibility hardware ! i  thinking 2 possibilities that cause the drivers won't installed are : 1-the INF modded file is win10 and 2- may be i could not extracted the INF into display driver correctly,so it can not installed ! that's what's i suggestions ! yesterday i did some researched n came across this thread here : http://null-bin.blogspot.com.au/p/nvidia.html

as u can see : in this thread he only did the INF modded file for 355.98 for Clevo laptop and not any INF modded file for any latest NV drivers,n i could not find any INF file for win7 for latest NV drivers at all ! what do you think ? yes,like u said it's worth a try ! any way thank you so much 4 ur help Buddy,i thinks nothing i can do for now accept stick with driver 355.98 for now,then see later on if any one find a solution to update to latest drivers,then i go from there ! so again thanks Buddy,have a nice day Mate,cheers

Warm regards.

That's annoying, not sure what it could be then. I am running windows 10 so that could be it. Anyway, for what you'll be doing with the card you shouldn't need to update the drivers anytime soon.

If you wanted to make a last attempt, there's the latest 388.59 driver that I've put the modded inf into already so all you have to do is download (from here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BoQp6A3e2_0XJzchtB0JzXy7gevh1qGC?usp=sharing) and install after putting your computer into disable driver signature enforcement.

Happy to help

On 12/13/2017 at 2:34 AM, duffman_777 said:

That's annoying, not sure what it could be then. I am running windows 10 so that could be it. Anyway, for what you'll be doing with the card you shouldn't need to update the drivers anytime soon.

If you wanted to make a last attempt, there's the latest 388.59 driver that I've put the modded inf into already so all you have to do is download (from here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BoQp6A3e2_0XJzchtB0JzXy7gevh1qGC?usp=sharing) and install after putting your computer into disable driver signature enforcement.

Happy to help

Hi Buddy

Sorry for late responded,i did not get on this thread for couple of days,until today n saw  ur post ! i've download the file,restarted n disable driver signature ( i think u only do this if u run win8 and win10 , win7 no needs,as i seen this in some other post,but i did disable it to make sure any way) then a failure again ! the NV installer showed the driver is incompatible for the hardware ! what's a wasted lots of your times n efforts into this,n at the end it's still not works out ! so sorry Buddy ! n i'm so grateful n much appreciated for all the help you've done ! any way like u said,i don't play games,so with this old driver it is settled for me now , but i did want to tried the new drivers and it won't works out,so i can live with that ! hey,just want to ask you : as u said u have  P150EM running GTX 980M , r u still had it ? did u ever put the mSATA in it as a boots disk n the 2.5 HDD for game n storage ? coz i run my with 500GB mSATA for the  OS n 1TB HDD for movies,photos n storage ! but i found out the mSATA is not run in the main port,instead on the port 4 ,n the 2.5 HDD run on the main port, when i  seen the mSATA a bits slow to write n lower score in win7 index,i checked with intel rst control centre n i seen the port which the mSATA in,it running only SATA2 3GB but not SATA3 6GB like the port running 2.5 HDD ! i thinks it's strange,because this is the first laptop i ever had which runs 2 different speed for the SATA port,all my others laptops,they're all runs the same speed,but this P150EM is not ! ?? yes,i feels it's should run same speeds,i worries may be something wrong with the mobo,so i just want to find out : is ur laptop,or any others gentlemen here,any one got this problem ? please respond ! any way,i'd like to said to you, my Aussie Buddy,that's i 'm thank you so much for all the works and efforts u've done to helped me to installs the latest driver,i'm appreciated Mate !  cheers.can u reply about the mSATA things ? please !

Warm regards.

Edited by chaccadao

I am sorry for the hijack of the thread but my graphic card ATI 7970 from a CLEVO P150EM broke down and I was thinking of upgrading to a 980m, I reade that it's necessary to update the bios,  currently what i have is 1.02.17PM v2 from PREMA and I do not know if another one is needed.
My doubt is what I have seen/read is that Prema seems to work with EUROCOM, place where I was thinking buying the 980m, when buying from there they send the necessary Bios or the one i have at the moment is good to go.