Y580 looking for a ribbon cable and another part

odin2free

So

Still have my y580 its been sitting around for while collecting dust...

My little note states I need to find a ribbon for the trackpad.

I'm looking on eBay..

I put a keyboard in my cart.

But trying to find the trackpad ribbon is a pain.

I don't have the old one anywhere it was damaged because of how I tried to force things back together on this laptop..

Also,

I am looking for the little black clips that hold the ribbon cables down to the connectors..

I tried to do electrical tape but to no avail.. I can not get the keys and track pad to work with out them

Especially nk ribbon for the trackpad.

I am ordering a new keyboard... But not sure if I will need an entirely new palmrest that has the trackpad built-in.

All the ones I see do not come with ribbon cables for the trackpad.

Help would be awesome..

I don't know where a good place for parts are for lenovo and the reseller here does not have a clue either.. Only works with warranties and does not carry parts..he sends it back to lenovo for them to fix.

Of course warranty does not exist and I am a very open person to modding

So any help would be appreciated..

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Ribbon cables are generic, just get one with the same pin count and pitch (~$2 at most; example). Make sure to have the exposed ends up or down, whatever this specific motherboard connector uses. Next, cut off a section of a credit card to the same width and 1/2" length and jam it along with the cable end, on its non-exposed side, into the connector.

This accomplishes the exact same thing the original did, except a lot cheaper; it's 'only' around $8, but considering it's really a $0.00001 piece of plastic ... thus quite expensive, not to mention principles and such.

Oh h65 awesome..

Did not know you could use any with same pinout.. thought there would be proprietary issues.

Sweet.

Thank you soooo much..

Now the new keyboard works lights everything, and time to get the trackpad up and running, then sell to coworker and buy myself a new sager rig :)

Did not realize that i could use aliexpress to see images and find what i need via numbers :P

I am an idiot for that

Thanks again you guys

Edited by odin2free