Need help finding latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology and Intel Management Engine Interface driver for M14X R1

I have recently installed Windows 10 on the M14X R1, and was previously using 7. It BSODed several times before and 10 wouldn't boot, but I suspect this is because I was trying to use the older 7 drivers provided by Dell. 10 is running fine for a few days now, no major issues. Finding the latest drivers has been a major pain. I used DriverPack Solutions and manually searching the Web to find newer drivers than what Dell provides,  as well as accepting drivers from Windows Update sometimes (only as a last resort). But I'm still using the now really old IMEI and IRST drivers from Dell, both of which are 2011.

I have a Samsung 850 EVO SSD, I tried running on 7, 8.1, and 10 without IRST, but things just felt slow. As soon as I installed IRST the OS pepped right up and felt snappy for the most part. So I do believe IRST is necessary, despite claims by others that it isn't.

Finding the proper IRST has been particularly hard, I tried searching Intel's Download Center website, but it's just a huge, confusing maze. Some of the IRST drivers appear to be for RAID, with names  "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver", and others appear to be for non-RAID (has same name as RAID versions but RAID not mentioned in the name). I also Googled the version # of the IRST driver by Dell, but the 2nd and only link by Intel was for an IRST driver for desktops. I install with with AHCI in the BIOS but I'm not using any form of RAID. I know that RAID is just a subset of the AHCI spec, so I suspect the RAID driver will still work fine. A driver from 2015 or later is preferred.

I can't find IMEI download links on Intel website at all.

Can someone also help me determine where to find the latest chipset drivers? The one from Dell works, and there appears to be a generalized chipset driver updater available from Intel, but I'm looking for one that is R1-specific.

Has one posted a Windows 10 upgrade how-to for the R1, complete with more recent driver links? 7 is fine but I really feel that I shouldn't live in the past forever just because Dell doesn't support 10 for my model.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by AnonVendetta

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

you really should install DSD (Dell System Detect) , it does everything for you, granted you have access to WIFI (which is why you should alwase make a small 1-5 GB 'BACKUP' Partition on your HDD/SSD).

with your service Tag, everything should be smooth (AFTER YOU'VE DONE ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL The Windows Updates...) 

Cheers

Not sure about the IRST Though, i have an SSD and it doesn't seem to be an issue