Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

• Founder
Hi,

I am a Master watchmaker, outdoorsman, Christian and wannabe computer geek from NH. I am enjoying reading the forum posts and look forward to being a part of the community.

Welcome bud! A watchmaker, that's a cool profession!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

• Thumbs Up 1

I am excited about learning how to overclock and modify my machines. I am not new to computers but I am new to the whole overclocking thing. Learning how to do this is what brought me to this forum. I am sure it will become a new obsession. (As if I didn't already have enough!! LOL!!) I just bought this Y 500 Levono last week and im already messing with it. I also have an ipad, and three phones that I have rooted and modified. I just cant leave things well enough alone. Anyway I am glad I found these forums, I am sure you guys will save my butt.

A little more about me for what it's worth.....

I am an amateur science buff. I am a Christian, I enjoy Hiking (backpacking) and outdoor survival type activities as well hunting, fishing and the like. For the past couple of years I have been making ultralight backpacking cook-stoves and lanterns as well as camping hammocks and fly-fishing equipment (Rods, reels, and flies). I own a small machine shop and a watch repair facility so I can build all sorts of fun stuff.

Well that's enough rambling. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

• Thumbs Up 2

Heya all!!

I'm Carlos, from Barcelona, working in Cork, and eagerly awaiting my shiny new Y500.

Since I was a boy, I always have the urge to overclock, just because it can be done, and to squeeze the most out of the hardware! :)

My first overclock was replacing the quartz clock of a 286 board, from 12 Mhz to 16 Mhz... yeah I'm "that" old! xD

• Thumbs Up 2

Just posting a friendly hello!

Nfs3freak, joined today after needing to find the Lenovo Y400 bios mod. Just bought one of these laptops for gaming and have an ultrabay GPU coming in so I don't want this baby gimped when I used it.

So glad to see such a great forum to be a part of now!

• Thumbs Up 2

Hello everyone, my name is Chris, I'm enginnering student from Poland.

I found this forum trying to find information about overclocking my new laptop GPU (i thought it won't be even possible). Conclusion after few hours of reading this forum - I wannabe pro someday and share my knowledge, like You guys!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi there,

Just wanted to pop up and say hello. Really joined this forum after reading about 500pages worth of posts concerning vbios.

I have just got myself an Alienware M17x-R4 as in my sig. In fact it hasn't even turned up yet, Dell seem to take a month to build anything.

I'm 27 and live in the United Kingdom right on the south coast. I have always been into computers but about 4-5yrs ago I had grown tired of windows and decided enough was enough and I jumped over to mac since then I never looked back.

I now have more time on my hands and wanted to get back into gaming. I piped up for a new Alienware system as my last windows system was an Alienware back before dell owned them. I had one of the of the first AMD FX-51 processors with an ATi Radeon 9800XT which I over clocked using ATi tool. seriously old school times. Since then I have done what gaming I can on mac, mostly on my iPad to be fair as its just quick gaming. Mostly I have been programming in x-code and objective-C for a few people in my spare time. nothing fancy just have a talent for simplifying code, x-code does most of the work any.

Any Svl7, I thank you in advance for everything you have done so far. I thank you in advance of any help you give me. I'll gladly donate some beers for some help.

Nice to meet you all

Glen

PS thanks for moving my post to the right place

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey all,

I'm from North America and I am a geek. I'm always doing networking and hardware related projects, so I'm looking forward to participating with the awesome people on this site.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just found this forum when I was looking for upgrades for my new Y500. Trying to get my post count up so I can download some stuff, but have learned a lot already from just reading through things :)

Too bad my laptop is being repaired right now so I can't even do anything special yet :(

Hi, name is Mark from UK. Frequent poster on NBR in AW M15x sub-forum but looking at building my first PC (custom or closed loop WCed) soon so looking for views and input from people here.

Also used the 6990m and 7970m in M15x guides before I was a member. These were excellent!

Hey everyone!

I'm mletemps. I do have a desktop, but for some reason, I prefer the mobile experience. (It probably has to do with the portability)

I was hoping that my desktop could crank out all games max settings (I built it 2 years ago, but turns out it doesn't play all games in max settings from games that come out nowadays)

It is still a beasty machine, but the lenovo y500 really appealed to me. So I ordered the lenovo y500 i7 ivy with 750m sli.

I am waiting for it to ship and am really excited. It should be here in 3 weeks.

Hello Forum,

Im introducing myself to this forum after being referred by a Google search about overclocking which led to Prima mod which led to svl7 mod which led to here. The resources here are amazing and I hope to utilize them in the future.