Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Thank you for the permissions update. All systems are a go on TI if that's the way the cookie crumbles.

You've got some bravery to want to keep your stuff there if they unban you. :) Who's to say they won't snap again and harass you?

Either way, best of luck to you. Hope this unnecessary mess can get sorted through quickly.

You've got some bravery to want to keep your stuff there if they unban you. :) Who's to say they won't snap again and harass you?

Either way, best of luck to you. Hope this unnecessary mess can get sorted through quickly.

Honestly, I would not have seen it coming. I've had excellent dealings and support from other mods who have been really top notch. I've just had a lot of abrasion with Zaz over the last few months. Then again, it's Zaz who is the major mod posting in Which Notebook Should I Buy? where the problem has arisen from. I'd certainly want some reassurance that I can continue building content without the threat of having the rug pulled from under my feet for no legitimate reason. This is especially important as we move into Thunderbolt eGPU territory of which we expect a lot more uptake than the expresscard/mPCIe stuff I've been doing so far. Otherwise it would make sense to move all the content to more stable ground such as TI.

If someone has a NBR login, would you like to answer MikjoA question at DIY eGPU experiences - Page 1119 on my behalf? There he's asked:

What the hell is that, Tech Inferno Fan is banned O__o, it's a joke ?
??

The answer is to simply reply with a post linking to my first post on TI which has the details of the ban: http://forum.techinferno.com/off-topic/1834-introduce-yourself-5.html#post26396 .

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, well you said you were bullied for several months so I figured this was starting to become a serious problem for you. I understand now, it's just with that one mod.

By posting the link to your first post you will probably have no chance at being unbanned because you have a picture with a PM, which is against their rules. It's a shame because the PM tells half the story, but that's why I've held off on posting this link, FYI. (I'm pretty sure I'd get banned too)

• Thumbs Up 1

Nando, thats why when I saw the bullshit coming, i deleted all my guides and posts behind their backs so when they decided to drop the bomb, my shit was already GONE! ..... i hate NBR ** please understand these views are not the official views of NBR but the personal views of a NBR member **

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder

@Tech Inferno Fan welcome to T|I and I hope things work out for you at NBR. If they do not, you are welcome to start posting here without any fear of interference or reprisals from moderators or admins. However, even T|I does have a set of forum rules that all members are asked to follow.

That said, I think its best if T|I staff and admin not interfere with NBR's own internal dealings. We don't want to step on anyone's toes and what they do over there is their own (bad) business. As it has been said, T|I was founded originally because of problems some of the admin (including myself) ran into as active and avid posters of NBR. However, at this juncture, we have no official dealings with NBR and thus I feel its best to keep an open door for anyone that is looking for a more lax environment but at the same time stay neutral in matters concerning their members.

Thanks,

Brian

• Thumbs Up 2

Fortunately I am in communications with a NBR user/insider via email. He was shocked as were others by the heavihandedness of the moderator in banning me today. He's keeping me posted of discussions with the lead mod about it. I've been advised to hang tight. It's been fairly lo-fi with not enough downtime to cause major havoc so far. I'm hoping it can be resolved with minimal of fuss. Otherwise next step would be, as you suggest, to hit the threads I maintain with a temp user, some message + email address so the users know what's happened and how to contact me.

Thank you for the permissions update. All systems are a go on TI if that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Welcome to Tech Inferno Nando4. I think we spoke in the past on laptop memory mods. I think we had a bit of a conversation via pm. Glad to see you made it over. I think we even discussed you coming here to host your material a month or two ago. I mentioned to PM Brian. Anyway just wanted to mention we spoke. You might as well just make Tech Inferno your new home. I think the work you do on those external gpus is outstanding. Keep up the great work. I hope you recover as much material as possible. Its not right about NBR but as Brian i think was getting at... If we start judging them we can be judged the same. We arent like NBR and we wont sink to their level. People like Mr.Fox, good people are the minority. I had not been to NBR for a long time so if you had sent me any messages in last month or two my apologies for not recieving them. If you were reaching out to me i hope you understand i did not get messages since i havent been to NBR.

Goodluck Nando '4 i hope you recover all your material and your best wishes come true and some how you manage to get your material wiped from NBR. They may own it now but we know who really owns it. You fit right in already Nando4 ;)

Marc

*I remember because i made the mistake when i first met you that I thought you were Nando (without the 4) from here. Glad you made it here.

Hey guys,

I'm Dan, been on NBR since I had an old Inspiron 1720, and used NBR to ask a few questions. When the M17x R1 came out I was in awe of it's glorious physique and power :P. So I became real active in benching, and all that jazz. At the time I was in Iraq and had lots of free time, now days not as much as I'd like. Anyway as time goes on I start to find myself enjoying NBR less and less. The amount of talent that is getting banned is ridiculous and the posts being censored is crazy. I created the Ordering Advice thread at NBR, and it was soon being modded by mods, and edited, which I didn't mind so much, but I'd rather have kept it the way it was, although I understand putting in some things to have others abide by the rules. I just wish users could respect rules, and that there was no need for them, rather then just doing a bunch of whining. Wishful thinking. I've slowed on answering PMs, almost don't now if it is concerning the ordering advice thread. The PM's I do get are normally about scamming, or PM them my hookups ect. I quit responding to anything like that. If it has anything to do with ordering it's probably getting deleted.

However, there are some things I do like, but freedom beats that stuff. So I made my way over to T|I because this is where all the cool guys from NBR came. NBR had so much talent once upon a time.

I haven't been to active lately at NBR like I was, or T|I because of my son. He keeps me busy. Anyway next year I'm headed back overseas, and hoping my job allows access to T|I. :D Then I'll be more active and try and throw some useful posts on here. In the mean time, I'm headed over to the Hot Chicks thread to check out some @zz :D

• Thumbs Up 6

Hey guys,

I'm Dan, been on NBR since I had an old Inspiron 1720, and used NBR to ask a few questions. When the M17x R1 came out I was in awe of it's glorious physique and power :P. So I became real active in benching, and all that jazz. At the time I was in Iraq and had lots of free time, now days not as much as I'd like. Anyway as time goes on I start to find myself enjoying NBR less and less. The amount of talent that is getting banned is ridiculous and the posts being censored is crazy. I created the Ordering Advice thread at NBR, and it was soon being modded by mods, and edited, which I didn't mind so much, but I'd rather have kept it the way it was, although I understand putting in some things to have others abide by the rules. I just wish users could respect rules, and that there was no need for them, rather then just doing a bunch of whining. Wishful thinking. I've slowed on answering PMs, almost don't now if it is concerning the ordering advice thread. The PM's I do get are normally about scamming, or PM them my hookups ect. I quit responding to anything like that. If it has anything to do with ordering it's probably getting deleted.

However, there are some things I do like, but freedom beats that stuff. So I made my way over to T|I because this is where all the cool guys from NBR came. NBR had so much talent once upon a time.

I haven't been to active lately at NBR like I was, or T|I because of my son. He keeps me busy. Anyway next year I'm headed back overseas, and hoping my job allows access to T|I. :D Then I'll be more active and try and throw some useful posts on here. In the mean time, I'm headed over to the Hot Chicks thread to check out some @zz :D

He'll ya Dan your one of the great mobile benches of our time. 1ghz 5870m ftw. Hoorah! Family is important so its understandable it tske most of your time. You served quite a bit you sure feeling like going back? lol bro my inspiron is still going strong to lol. I hooe you grt some fee time. When your son is old enough you know your going to have to show him the overclocking ropes! Cheers bro good sto see you around again. NBR doesnt know who they have lost in the last few years.

Hi guys, another long time (2007) NBR user here. Sad to hear about your experiences over there, Tech Inferno Fan (and others). I remember Les, as we used to have many discussions about SSDs. I saw the warning signs when he was banned (he emailed me his conversation, similar to how Tech Inferno Fan posted his here) and I joined his website forums, but the lack of community there made me an infrequent poster. If only I had known about T.I. then, but here I am now! I'm glad to see some old, yet familiar names here (several of the mods lol, no surprise there). I have tried to help numerous users on NBR through my posts and PMs, and though I haven't written such great guides as the DIY eGPU experiences, I hope to contribute here whenever I can.

A little about myself (personally) now. I'm currently finishing up my last year of medical school in the USA, though I completed my undergraduate degree in electrical engineering and graduate research in biomedical engineering in Canada. I enjoy tinkering with computers and more recently, my Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone. I'm still exploring the site, but thus far I can say my favourite thread is the hot chicks one! You'll be seeing more of me there (at least initially). :chuncky:

• Thumbs Up 5

Welcome Sgogeta4!

You're a very familiar and helpful face I've seen over at NBR. If you haven't combed through the entire thread, these two posts are a TL;DR of what T|I is: http://forum.techinferno.com/off-topic/1834-introduce-yourself.html#post23044 and http://forum.techinferno.com/off-topic/1834-introduce-yourself.html#post23132

I think you'll find T|I a great place because of the lax environment. We don't have a hidden agenda; what you see in the forum rules is what the mod team enforces. Nothing more.

Sick phone and I think you've found the best thread. ;) I believe @Brian is also finishing up med school.

• Founder

@sgogeta4 sorry deleted one of your posts by mistake when moderating the queue. Anyway, I pushed your user permissions to full so you can post + PM normally now w/out being moderated. I'm matching for 2014 rather than this next year since I still have some electives left to do and need more time for CK + research. PM me sometime.

Hello All,

I too have been directed here from NBR. After seeing that Tech Inferno Fan got banned for the stupidest reasons, especially with his knowledge and status, is just outrageous. I was on NBR since 2007, but wasn't very active. More lurking then posting, but I have noticed the increased amount of banning of knowledgeable personnel for no reason at all.

So now here I am :). I used to be heavily into computers and laptops and such, but have fallen behind in what's what since Engineering has taken over my life. I always love browsing forums just learning whatever's new and out there. If I can contribute to anything, I love to do that too.

This seems to be the place to be.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hi Kevin here, another long time NBR user, found the site using and upgrading my HDX Dragon to the max, the user community shure helped and had lots of knowledge.

Since then I have moved to the other side wih an M18X, and noticed members being dropped/banned/edited, the 7970m Clevo link and comments sure sum up NBR.

Tech Inferno Fan was/is instimental in my HDX days with his links sitting on NBR; On a side note the link "What the hell is that, Tech Inferno Fan is banned O__o, it's a joke ?" has a response now.

DIY eGPU experiences - Page 1119

I am glad to have found T|I there sure is a vast frienfly user community with tons more knowledge here, thank you.

I hope to add to community with my 10+ years as a systems administrator, and upgrading my M18X too, hehe happy camper here

• Thumbs Up 3

Ah cool, I'll have to check it out. I'm not too keen on SC2 CGs; only really played squadron TD (Legion TD for WC3). I did map edit for WC3 though, which by the way had the best CG collection ever. I'll gladly talk about CGs and map edit. :)

Anyways, let's take it to another thread or PM?

Hi Nando.

I'm really disappointed in the way you have been treated and I just want so show my support.

Is there a new eGPU-thread going on here @ techinferno?

If so I want to promote it in your former thread before they ban/censore me.

Thank you for your kind words. I am very disappointed in the ban, moreso as no legitimate reason was given for it.

You could try to start a poll in http://forum.notebookreview.com/e-gpu-external-graphics-discussion/ to try to get votes to life the ban. It is my understanding that the majority of NBR mods oppose this ban as does an even larger number of NBR members, particularly DIY eGPU users. This ban is not at all democratic being initiated by Zaz and upheld by Charles P. Jefferies. The poll could be something along the lines of:

Do you wish for the ban placed on Tech Inferno Fan to be reversed or at the very least explain why it occurred and by whom?
Tech Inferno Fan is an important contributing member who has worked tirelessly to help our users for years. This ban adversely affects
the workings of the DIY eGPU community (advice, summary first page, Bplus updates Setup 1.1x, PMs, content revisions), placing the whole project in an unknown state (inc Thunderbolt eGPUs).

Yes - reverse ban

Yes - explain ban details

NO

don't care

If the ban isn't lifted, then yes, I'll be undertaking the laborious task of moving as much of the DIY eGPU thread content (amongst others) to techinferno. I'm going to wait one more day to see if the ban is lifted first. It's alot of work and the result would have a lot of linking back to NBR.

Nando