Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hi I'm Jordan, an avid gamer and techie. Growing up the son of a computer technician in the 80s I've always been interested in mods and getting the most out of equipment. Good to find a board with some knowledgeable people.

Hello everyone! I'm from California. I need 5 posts to be able to download svl7 bios fix to install another wifi card on my y410p.

Seems to be a pretty common problem/upgrade. I have a Y410p myself and aside from the terrible wifi card, it's pretty great. Especially for the price I got it during Black Friday weekend ;)

And since I've never posted, I'm from Florida. I like DIY projects, tech stuff...etc haha

So im in the UK/Northen Ireland but im from Australia. this is a great site iv spent hrs here reading all the sea of information and its always helped with all my upgrades / mods.

I have a asus G73jh with 7970m

Clevo w880cu that has had 6970m, 6990m , 7970m and now it is runing with a ASUS 5870m

& my current project is samsung NP700g7A upgrade to 7970m

Hey guys, the names Jeff. I'm from the US and currently a pharmacy student with an unhealthy passion for technology. LoL I probably shouldn't be so into computers/gaming while in a professional program, but once you start, it's hard to stop. The reason I came to join this forum was to 1. Unlock my Lenovo y500 and 2. try to contribute something back to a community that is so generous in helping out others. I don't think it's right for a company to lock down a computer like they have. I understand the reasoning behind it, but once we purchase something, we should be able to do with it as we please. If I want to overclock my processor to 460 Ghz and apply enough voltage to my computer that it causes the grid to go down, by God I should be able to do it! Haha jk. Anyway, nice to meet you all. :) I hope I can be helpful and avoid forum rule infractions :( Please be gentle!

Hi Everyone,

I am also here because I have a y500. I just bought a wireless AC card for my laptop and popped it in without doing any research first, and of course I got the horrible message telling me how much lenovo sucks (i.e. unauthorized wireless card). So yeah, seems like a pretty cool forum so far.

Already made a few posts on the board already, but hey everyone!

Came here because of svl7's modified vbios thread and have been enjoying poking around the different sections.

Just bought my very first laptop after a lifetime of being a self-built desktop PC owner and felt I needed to get involved more in technology-oriented communities since I'm starting to delve into new waters.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone around here!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey everyone.

I reluctantly traded my Sammy ultrabook for this Asus G75 and immediately started searching for ways to mod it. So far this seems to be a beast of a computer.

Ready through some of the forums there seem to quite a few very knowledgeable people. It will be nice to get to know you all.

• Thumbs Up 1