Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hi all, I'm from Brazil and I'm currently studying Mechanical Engineering. I always loved technology, so of course I love notebooks and desktops.

I sold my desktop because I will go study in Germany, so I bought a G46VW and changed some parts. I put a 3920xm trying to have as close as possible to a portable desktop ;)

Well, this forum seens to be great. I personaly came here for the ASUS Gaming Notebook section.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
Hi all, I'm from Brazil and I'm currently studying Mechanical Engineering. I always loved technology, so of course I love notebooks and desktops.

I sold my desktop because I will go study in Germany, so I bought a G46VW and changed some parts. I put a 3920xm trying to have as close as possible to a portable desktop ;)

Well, this forum seens to be great. I personaly came here for the ASUS Gaming Notebook section.

Seja bem vindo meu amigo! :-)

You'll be happy to know that one of the founders of TI is also Brazilian, well kind of :-)

Hello, everybody !

I am from the Czech Republic, Europe. Running 3570K @4800Mhz, full HD 120Hz screen and a brand new EVGA GTX 780ACX . Looking forward to learning something new here and to expanding my feeble knowledge of computers.

Ahoy,

Live on computers (work and play). Use them for music production primarily with cubase. instruments: Play guitar, drums. Genres Played: Metal, Black Metal, Death Metal. Games: Eve, TSW, Tera, and a RTSes these days game wise. Have two alienware computers I love. m14xr1 and a R4.

Wow, just noticed this thread! I am from the US, I have always done wild desktop mods, but with the recent addition of the g46 i am enjoying portable power. I am pretty knowledgeable on the desktop end of things but I hope to learn about the laptop side and maybe learn how to code some bios. Thanks everyone!

Hi!

Just ordered a new MSI GT60 with GTX 780M and waiting for it to arrive, love these forums and can't wait to try all these crazy BIOS mods and OC the crap out of this thing.

Great stuff here.

Hey everyone!

Had my Lenovo Y400 for about a month now and really happy with it. Ordered in the US, but living in Australia for school. Anyway, the forums seem awesome from what I've seen, so glad to be a member now :D

Hey!

I am eyeing a GTX780, and Googling brought me to svl7's famous thread. I then kept reading some more and liked the forum, so I might be here to stay!

I'm from Cadiz, the southernmost province of Andalusia, here in Spain. I've been a geek since I was born, always tinkering with all kinds of things, getting zapped, tearing down toys and what not to guess how they work and tweak them...

I got a 800MHz Duron when I was 5 and all this started when my uncle (a great person that taught me a good deal of IT) visited us one day to repair that old Duron. I was intrigued by how all those cables and shiny things worked together, and he guided me through what I had to do to bring that bad boy back to life. It was an amazing experience, and 11 years after that here I am dealing with watercooled rigs, ESXi servers, Arch Linux (<3), helping my parents' schools (they are both teachers) IT infrastructure development (I have crimped way more RJ45 than I should have!), reading CS books, aiming for a CompSci degree and hoping to one day work as my "dream job", a Linux System Administrator. Also, recently I picked up LCodeTHW to learn some basics of programming (starting with C), and it's been a quite interesting journey so far!

I am not really a notebook guy, I am more of a desktop/server guy. Maybe the reason is that I never had the need of a powerful laptop, I'm happy with a standard laptop as long as it can do some text processing, Internet browsing and music playing. But maybe when I go to college I will need a beefier thing if I can't bring my rig with me. It seems this forum is similar to NBR, but better!

I hope to stay here for a long time!

• Thumbs Up 4

Hi there. Name is Chris. I work in the IT filed (doesn't everyone?) in a network design and implementation capacity. I've been an avid PC and gaming enthusiast for the last 20(!) years (now I feel old...). At any rate, I came upon this forum since I recently purchased a Lenovo Y500 Ideapad, and wanted to upgrade to a dual-band PCI-E card, but ran into the whitelist issue. I am eager to download the modded BIOS posted here and give it a try! Looking forward to leveraging this forum in the future as well, seems like a high-caliber bunch on here so far. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi everyone,

I have GTX780 eVGA SC ACX, i2500k 4,4 ( i need change, XD) corsais 850TX, silverarrow shadow, midgar mystique, 8gb geil 2000, G19, g9, monitor ACER 3D 24", Crucial M4 128GB, 4TB diferents hard disks.

I want to try somethings with graphics cards, bios, and talk of procesators, games and technology.

Best regards all

• Founder
hai guise and gurlz. kinda/sorta a new member. registered a few months ago, activity starts today. i think i'm going to like it much more here than over at that NB--ah, nevermind.

:Banane19:

Welcome aboard Matt!

• Thumbs Up 1