Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

hey guys,

thanks for having this great forum where you dont ban people.

i was directed here due to the Tech Inferno Fan ban issue and am showing my support by making this my new home :) and i deleted my 2 threads that i started regarding upgrading an hp probook 4330s to an i7 quad.

ill repost here. cheers!

ryan

• Thumbs Up 4

Hey guys. You can count 1 more move over from NBR.

I will try to contribute what I can. On NBR I felt like I should have been contributing more than I was. I will try to correct that.

Sorry about the delay on posting about 306.02 driver performance gains for eGPU and optimus, but it looks like I have some time now till things get going over here.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Founder

Just so there's no confusion, we have a Nando on T|I already so there's Tech Inferno Fan and nando. ;) When using the @ symbol before someone's name, it will send them a notification with the thread link (very useful for paging other members or Alienware support on T|I). Those of you just joining us will see T|I is much more responsive than other forums to user needs and has a some added features that you'll like (e.g. member feedback modification similar to eBay for the FS/FT forum, paging other members via '@', user review system etc.).

Additionally, we do have some forum rules at T|I but they are fairly simple and easy to follow--most are common sense rules. For those of you who are Alienware fans, the same Alienware reps over at NBR are also on T|I so you can use the '@' paging system to get a hold of them if you have a question in a thread or simply PM them.

There is a minimum 5 post rule on T|I that puts all new users posts into a moderated queue and restricts PM use. After that, your account is automatically upgraded by the forum software within a few hours.

Finally, welcome to T|I for all the new members.

Thanks and enjoy your stay.

• Thumbs Up 3

My previous post was inappropriate in retrospect. Just a tad emotional over friendship. The folks at NBR mean well; they've got a huge volume to handle and some people do get rowdy. Sometimes the babies get thrown out with the bathwater, but not clear that's any one person's fault.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome lovelaptops to Tech Inferno. Great first post. You are a welcome addition. Again welcome to Tech Inferno. We here at Tech Inferno and the forum itself are very easy going and we do not encourage any downtalk of ANY sort so you should find your stay at this great forum very pleasant.

Guys, I want to remind you to keep on the topic of the thread. We welcome you all and happy that you are here!

But.. All that NBR talk should be taken to PMs ;-)

----

Asylumized!

My thoughts exactly Michael. This thread is to introduce yourself not to talk of other forums. Tell us about YOURSELF only please and thank you. :)

Guys, I want to remind you to keep on the topic of the thread. We welcome you all and happy that you are here!

But.. All that NBR talk should be taken to PMs ;-)

----

Asylumized!

Thanks for the reminder Michael. I not only don't want to make a bad first impression at T|I but I'm not looking to cast aspersions about the good folk at NBR. I was pretty upset at what happened to Nando and I went way overboard. I have apologized to the mods I may have offended at NBR in my overzealous first post. Hope to wipe the slate clean and, after a few breaths, actually introduce myself. Thanks again.

• Thumbs Up 5

• Founder
Thanks for the reminder Michael. I not only don't want to make a bad first impression at T|I but I'm not looking to cast aspersions about the good folk at NBR. I was pretty upset at what happened to Nando and I went way overboard. I have apologized to the mods I may have offended at NBR in my overzealous first post. Hope to wipe the slate clean and, after a few breaths, actually introduce myself. Thanks again.

It's ok buddy, no harm done! Welcome to TI man ;-)

----

Asylumized!

Count me in in your boat, cause i just arrived :smug: moral hazard from N|R recommended me this forum here so i will see how everything goes. I hope i can help out people too cause my experience with PCs is pretty decent and after i got my P150HM i actually am more interested in Gaming NB too, after i got the 7970m there isn't even a thing that i can't too mobile. So yeah im registered at G3D.com too if anyone is curious and yeah ask me something if you want (not that great at introductions :P)

• Thumbs Up 3

Just moved here because of what I heard happen to Tech Inferno Fan. Been a fan of your work nando. esp setpll. Amazing mod...

Keep up the good work and thank you so much for what you have done for the tech community!!

Hello to you all,

Same here,moved from NBR...

My name is Gabriel and I live in London,UK. I like to tinker with my laptops and lately I'm interested in overclocking CPUs.Hope to keep learning new things from you guys!I would like to end by thanking nando 4 all the hard work he shared with all of us and wish him all the best in his future projects!Cheers,Gabriel.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hi all,

My name is Jérémy and I'm from France and I moving from Notebookreview to Techinferno since I've learnt what had happened to Nando4.

Furthermore I was mainly active in topics concerning eGPU and I'm happy too know that the fantastic starting thread will continue here :)

I'm interested in many topics about computer but mainly about notebook/ultrabook and my favorite laptop is the Sony vaio Z.

I am going to move and update my guide on making eGPU for the sony vaio Z2/SVZ.

I'd like to thanks Xonar who redirected me here a moment ago when I was wondering what had happened to Nando4, and I would like to thanks Nando4 again for bringing back the eGPU thread strong and alive !

And Thanks to techinferno admins/moderators to allow Nando4 to move his fantastic eGPU thread overhere which already seems to be a nice place in which iit already feels at home.

• Thumbs Up 5

This forum definately looks like the right place to be for BIOS / device modding!

I'm Martin and I'm an IT tech in a school.. Been modding phones / devices for years and find it really hard NOT to start messing around and tweaking them in some way! Just seems to me that manufacturers artifically make things underperform so they can sell 'better' things a couple months later..

Only had my new Alienware M17 R4 with a 680m gfx card a few weeks and already getting itchy fingers wanting to unlock the gfx cards *real* potential! :-)

• Thumbs Up 4

Hey all, the name is Joe... I've come across this forum, as many others have, as a result of nando's work with the eGPU community. I hope to become an active member of these forums (and hopefully get my x230t eGPU working). As far as my setup goes:

Lenovo X230T

i5 3320 2.6GHz

16GB Corsair Vengence RAM

256GB Samsung 830 SSD

Windows 7 Pro x64

PE4L 2.1b EC----------\

Nvidia GTS250---------/ NOT WORKING ATT

• Thumbs Up 3

Welcome to Tech Inferno roophz, Balalur, MikjoA, HiiiPOWER, mmarty1984, Redletter. We are glad to have you with us.

Sent from my Paranoid Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint using Tapatalk 2 Jelly Bean flavor included