Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy everyone,

I'm rocking a 2019 HP Spectre x360 15 and a 2016 Clevo P870DM-GS.

My Clevo has been having issues, so I joined up here to see if I can get it going again. Maybe even better than before!

Glad to meet you all!

Hi guys,

I brought my Clevo P157SM-a back in 2014 I guess, pulled it back out to play games while traveling but the fan noise is killing me.

Looking to get some modded bios to help with the noise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm a gamer...and...uh...I'm into Massive Multiplayer Online Gaming Communities. IF YOU MEET ME ONLINE BY GRUB'S TAVERN, I WILL SHOW YOU WHERE THE TREASURE IS HIDDEN. My online alter ego is 18 feet tall and has giant wings, like an angel's but also like a demon's. His name is Karlor. KARLOR CAN FK ANYTHING AND HE WILL AND HAS. WOMEN, DEVILS, ANGELS, ANIMALS. you need to get with him because my penis only has a tip. it's like someone glued an acorn...to the bottom of my torso.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

My name is Ricardo and i'm from Porto, Portugal. Have a Asus N56JR and trying to unlock my BIOS so i can finally start OC this old, but awesome laptop.

Loved the forum guys! wanted forever to learn more about BIOS unlock, i think this forum can be my answer

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
5 hours ago, cl06 said:

Hello everyone, I am Claude, from France, owning a Lenovo G710 (i5-4200)..

Just discovered the existence of this  whitelist in the BIOS preventing from installing a Wireless card different from the original one, so, BIOS must be updated...and maybe I could find some help over here.. :-)

Cheers !

Hi!

Ok. Your unlocked bios done. Check your PM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear guys. I am Mike from Austria.

After a few years off from the topic, i restored my mighty M11x R3.

It is one of the very first R3's with a i7-2617M and "only" 1GB fo the GT 540M.

I really intend to use it as a "daily driver" for my needs and search the web for some tweaks and mods to make it a little more usable in 2022.

So here I am.

I have an eye on the "unlocked A05" bios, upgrade to a SSD (there's a 1TB HDD inside), and maybe upgrade the RAM to 16 GB if it makes sense.

Greetings to all of you!

Edited by MikeHauser
forgot something ;-)

Greetings, I'm Speed3 or Jared from Texas. 

I enjoy fixing up old business trade in and government surplus laptops. Its just a hobby not a business, I've done maybe 4 in 15 years. 

I recently got a new old stock dell M6800 essentially for free. It has a i7- 4900MQ @ 2.8GHz , 32GB of DDR3L @1600MHz and what really piqued my interest was the MXM slot housing the Quadro K3100M. I've read that you can easily swap in a GTX 980M but I'd like to try to swap in a eDP compatible screen and try to get a Aetina M3N1060-MN MXM 3.1 Typ B working. This seems like the best possible place to lurk and read up on the task while I wait for parts to come in. I figure I'm doing the project for the experience not because its a financially sound option and I can easily see me having to bite the bullet and just settle for the GTX 980M but I'm here for the fun. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...