Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2020 at 2:06 AM, TimeWaster2 said:

Me too. I'm just trying to upgrade my network card to dual-band Wifi. If anyone could download the files from the following thread and put them on zippyshare, it would be much appreciated: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/files/file/19-lenovo-y400-y500-unlocked-bioswlan-whitelist-files/ 

Me three! I'm doing home office and am bound to a wired connection becuase my Y510P wlan card is pure garbage. Help some poor guys to have their luck changed

• 2 weeks later...

hi there im jhay, by the way i am novice here,i just wanted to find a solution for my laptop it really annoys me, i cant play a stable because of throttling i hope someone can lend a help for me..by the way thanks in advanced for let me go in to this group i hope ican help to vice versa thanks:)

Hello! firstly I hope everyone is safe and doing fine, I am Oliver and I am from Houston. I work with Truck Pulse which is  a white label trucking app solution for logistics businesses and startups of all sizes who want their own Uber for trucking app that connects shippers and nearby truck drivers at the push of a button. 

I am glad to meet everyone here and looking for to a good interaction here 

• 2 weeks later...

G'Day

I am from downunder working in IT while studying business but my spare time is mostly consumed by the internet.  I stumbled upon techinferno for the first time while browsing information on laptop graphics cards... i cannot believe its been around for so many years and i never crossed paths with it!

Anyways, keep up the great work

later

Hi! 

I have an old Sager np9570, I already have prema mod bios but I don't know which values to apply. I have a i7-3930k and 2 gtx 680m sli. 

Are there still possibilities to overclock cpu and graphics cards to keep playing or is too old? 

Hey All,

Been wondering around on NBR in search of info and advice for my old workhorse, the "Elitebook 8770w" but then stumbled upon this site.  Now that my kids are old enough to be interested in computer, hardware, tweaks, upgrades, etc. we are expecting to learn a lot from all the information you folks have compiled here and hopefully in time be able to contribute back to the community with what we have learned.

• 4 weeks later...

Yo, how's everyone? My name's Bryan, nice to meet you all. With all this downtime on my hands I have been giving an old laptop (g75vw) some upgrades and the like and ended up finding my way here looking into modded bios and overclocking. Unfortunately this laptop has the worst, most restricting bios I have tried to use so was happy to find modded bios after like months of searching. Of course as one might assume, I still don't have the bios and am really just hoping i can get that promotion after a week. How ever posting useful, relevant content has been hard as this forum seems all but dead for the exception of people reviving old posts trying to attempt just that. I have found it extremely hard just to get out five posts, this being the last one. So thank you to all those that are doing the good work of providing modded bios and laptop upgrade advice for these old machine, but please reconsider your ruleset as you have just basically breed a forum of pointless responses to long dead topics. Someone who posted about changing a part in 2013 certainly either has already figured it out or moved on, so if you are trying yourself to get to five meaningful posts please pay attention to post dates as not to revive all these old subjects for no reason.

Edited by MaddHadda

I have an old M6700 I wanted to turn into a "mobile gaming" laptop.  The system supports CAD type work with an nVidia K5000m, and has multiple drive slots which I was ecstatic to find in a laptop.  I think it has great potential, but trying to identify the best way to modify it for it's new "second life".  I know this is supposed to be about me, but I'm not nearly as interesting as my project, so I thought that's what I would share with the community.

I certainly appreciate the fact that there is a community like this to engage.  Thank you for being here and being engaged!

Torpek

• 2 weeks later...

Hey so I just finished reading the terms of service and reading a few of the other intros. Its kind of hard to not sound like everybody else but I will try my best. I have a 5 year old lenovo y50-70 that I have been upgrading slowly throughout the summer to increase my performance with it. The clock currently runs at 2.6 GHz and I can stably overclock it to 3.0 on most games. But once it gets up there the computer will thermal throttle even if its below 60 C. I'm looking to learn more into bois and overclocking in general. I don't want to brick my computer since I'm very new to this kind of stuff. I have to make 5 posts so I'm going to try to not put it all in one post.

Thanks for reading.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I hail from Bonny Scotland and own an Alienware M18X R1. I am here to try and gain more knowledge on how to make my laptop better than the stock Dell bios, drivers etc.

I have some decent IT knowledge and skills, but when it comes to writing Bios mods or any other coding I do not have the skill set for that. I hope to learn much from the community and offer advice in areas where I can.

Glad to be here.