Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hiya didn't do this until now, but I thought I better intro here Ferrouswogg that is my gaming name most of the time:D or CS:s [xXx] Ferrouswogg, or Wv Ferrouswogg back in the old msn mechwarrior days if anybody played that or remembers that game!!! I have worked on computers since those days in the late 90s early 2000s, but family started taking more time. So hello all!!!

Hi everyone,

I found this site while searching for a solution to my bricked Dell Inspiron 17RSE (7720), which was working fine and then decided it wasn't going to finish POST and boot anymore... Dell say the motherboard is toast but I think it is more likely the BIOS has corrupted as it will attempt to load a new BIOS from a USB stick (using Phoenix crisis recovery method).

So hopefully one of you kind people will be able to help me out or I will just have to use it as a doorstop.

:-)

Hey FNG here and just wanted to say hello and figured I'd drop a deuce or two and read what seems to be one of my future favorite f*&^ing forums to come to.    Lately I've really been into seeing what I can make my Early 2011 8,2 do that its maker says it "cant" or "not supposed" to do.   It's just a computer....their the ones that broke it....I'm just trying to set it free....plus, I bought the damn thing!

K, I'll quit crying....was my one for the month.   Hi everyone!

Hello I am a lurker who saw some items related to lenovo laptops and their lack of security on the site. I am interested in privacy and security along with maxing out performance! If you have a question related to software configuration on a consumer grade x86/arm machine I am the guy to ask.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, My name is Jasen.  I have recently transitioned from Active Duty Military to a Civilian IT Career as well as being a Reservist.  I currently using an Alienware M18X R2 that I have had since 2012.  It has served me well and I am looking for ways to improve it's performance to last a little bit longer until I can build a nice Desktop Rig.  I have been looking around T|I for awhile and figured I should become a part of this community.  Still up in the air of what I want to do to my AW but the first thing I think would be to unlock the GPU's to get a little more performance out of them.  Maybe someone could point me in the right direction to help guide my process a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm looking forward to finding new ways to duct-tape microchips and solder while using my chewed-up bubblegum to hold together my future gaming powerhouse.

I thought I'd continue my habit of tinkering with things I shouldn't.  So I'm here to mitigate some of the risks associated with my disorder.

Anyways, seems this forum is well put together!  *wondering what brand of duct tape is used*

Well done!

Hello all

Aleksander here.

Car mechanic and Notebook tweaker, if it works dont fix it doesn't always apply :)

Currently happy owner of an Alienware M17x R4, there are definately room for improvement in the cooling department.

Compared to my earlier gaming laptop-Qosmio x875 its a big improvement.

I will post several build logs to show people how to squeeze every centigrade out of air cooling.

Hello all

I have a Clevo x7200 running a i7 990x, 12g RAM, came with a 580m. It is old but it is all I have for the time being. I had to replace the 580m with a 560m and it works okay. Recently I purchased a MSI GTX 680m 4G after finding a few threads saying it could work.

I would love to try SLI but I am unable to find the heat sink, fan and Cable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody.

25 year old Romanian, studying in Denmark; Multimedia Design & Digital Concept Development.

What brought me to this website was a fix for a overheating issue with my Lenovo Y510P, but after going through the site a bit, I kind of like it here; especially as I might want to build myself a gaming PC and I might need a bit of help. :D

I'm a gamer, wannabe author, and a foodie. :D

Edited by alex_scr

Hi everyone, I'm Ann and I'm a proud owner of the old faithful Lenovo Y500 with 650 SLI, looking for ways to mod it up to the new standards to prolong its life. Will be happy to help fellow owners with troubleshooting.

Hi all,

I am an Alienware m18x r2 owner looking to upgrade my 7970m's to a 980m to start, hopefully adding another one in the future. 

I am a 21 year old computer science major in Dallas and only got into PC gaming about 4 years ago with this laptop and have been hooked.

I'm looking to extend the life of this pc as currently my GPU's are down.

Hello TECHINFERNO,

I'm an older cat that has just recently took a great interest in unlocking the full power of technology. For 27 years I worked in construction and I have had

the chance to watch how technology changed that business.

I have always enjoyed fast things yet more importantly I always appreciated the little guy. You all know what I mean, the guy who isn't rich and has to 

budget or make things himself. That is part of the reason I am here.

I became disabled a couple of years ago which led me to spending a bunch of time alone. Alone to try to figure stuff out for myself.  Then a friend of a friend showed me how to muck around the web with a computer, now here I am. Racing computers (that's what he and I call it).

Recently my passion to learn more, try more, apply more and  yet not cost too much more has led me to modifying my computers. That is right I said 

computers. Inspiron 7720, 7520 laptops- XEON 2650, 3970X based desktops. But now I am kind of topped out with my personal knowledge and ability

to explore further mods without some help. I hope that I find that help here.

A lot of post here have been very helpful and it has peaked my interest in this site to a point I figured I would join. Thank you for this opportunity

as it has already allowed me to get out of my shell and interact with people.