lenovo y50-70 860M (4GB) overclock

paklic9

4 hours ago, Ultrax5 said:

@iAchilles

If the battery is at 100%, the CPU can reach 58 Watts, so that allows for 3.6Ghz@all cores. You can try setting core VCCIN to 1.75V and using PowerCut, that will allow for any multiplier because it wil hack the power reporting, so it won't trigger PL1 or PL2. Anyway, the setting doesn't stick after reboots and is basiccally a huge hack, so use it with caution. C7s section can be helpful in getting more battery life, and TPL is only needed when you overvolt your CPU.

I've tried undervolting the GPU on Clevo vBIOS and I've managed to get it to 1.09V(minimal voltage allowed). The max overvolt limit on the other hand is 1.2V, but it didn't really help me much, because after certain frequency my GPU starts erroring out in OCCT and no overvoltage helps it. Doesn't matter if on my modded vBIOS or the Clevo one, it just hits a hard limit of the GPU silicone quality itself. I still don't know how to unlock undervolting using my modding knowledge (I only know how to unlock core clock slider + voltage up to 1.2V).

to my and ur surprise, ive checked it with battery full and the power cord plugged in, yet PL1 and PL2 happen after, i think, 48 W passed !!!! how this doesn't happen with urs ?!? i cant reach 58 W AT ALLLL !!!!

and yes i read the READ ME file of TS by which how to eliminate throttling based on power consumption but the prob here is how u know exactly what is VCCIN for our CPU in y50-70 coz if we set the VCCIN number wrong it might lead to dangerous result.

@iAchilles

The VCCIN is usually 1.75V, doesn't matter if it's desktop or laptop. I've never seen values other than that You can try going lower, just remember to keep a 0,4 delta between the core voltage and the VCCIN, for example if your vcore is 1,1, the lowest VCCIN you should use is 1,5V.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...
  • Bios Modder
On ‎02‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 4:23 PM, saif said:

Hello Klem,

i want to unlock my bios of lenovo y50-70(860m) ,so can i send u the the backup of the bios?

Hi! I already answered you, in other thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
7 hours ago, noir said:

hi, Klem

I tried to used the BACKUP_TOOLS12.2 to backup my bios. But it did not work. Is it because my os is 64bit windows? Or any other tools I can use to backup my bios?

Hi!

Please, explain exactly what the problems with BACKUP_TOOLS12.2 ?

Don't forget that you should run it as Administrator, right click mouse -> choice in menu "Run as Administrator".

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, noir said:

Hi, Klem

It flashed away regardless using admin mode or regular. Can universal backup tool do the job?

You can try it.

Also you can try use this backup tool:  https://www.sendspace.com/file/n5jva6

And this:  https://www.sendspace.com/file/05zedz

Also, don't forget completely disable all antivirus program before you run any backup tools.

Edited by Klem

• 3 months later...
  • Bios Modder
25 minutes ago, Kuch_Bhi said:

Can someone tell me how to extract the ec ?

and after flashing the modded bios novo key also stopped working i now have to enter the bios by pressing f2. is there any solution for that ?

Ok, what kind of the modified bios you flash?

On 24/02/2017 at 1:29 PM, Klem said:

Ok, what kind of the modified bios you flash?

I extracted my bios with fpt 9.5 and then modified it using phoenix and maxwell tweaker everything is fine except for the novo button which we use to enter the bios in lenovo laptops.

• Bios Modder
On 27.02.2017 at 2:29 PM, Kuch_Bhi said:

I extracted my bios with fpt 9.5 and then modified it using phoenix and maxwell tweaker everything is fine except for the novo button which we use to enter the bios in lenovo laptops.

Ok. Now in your case you need to do the next steps:

1. Create bootable USB flash drive with real DOS.

2. Unzip attached archive 1.rar directly in the root of bootable USB flash drive.

3. Boot from the USB flash drive and execute these command:
 flashit  ec.bin   /ec
 Then wait a few seconds. Then reboot laptop. Done.

Edited by Klem

On 2/27/2017 at 2:40 PM, Klem said:

Ok. Now in your case you need to do the next steps:

1. Create bootable USB flash drive with real DOS.

2. Unzip attached archive 1.rar directly in the root of bootable USB flash drive.

3. Boot from the USB flash drive and execute these command:
 flashit  ec.bin   /ec
 Then wait a few seconds. Then reboot laptop. Done.

ok thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, i'm on this boat too xD

I have a Lenovo Y50-70 with 4720hq and 860m maxwell 2gb, and i wish i can flash a non whitelist bios to upgrade my wlan card and the possibility to overclock over +135mhz the video card.
Can someone help? 

• 3 months later...

So, I've been trying for a long time to get rid of the OC limit on my 950m.
First I tried NVflash, no results. Then tried the steps on this thread. Problem is

this: https://gyazo.com/66914baf5924c63d45a70639c3ccc05a

I can't get the application to run on my laptop

laptop: https://www.laptopshop.be/product/698368/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-ak120nb-azerty.html?ref=266231&label=22734-AGI-39546111721-ASI-161986568190-698368&gclid=Cj0KEQiAyuPCBRCimuayhb3qqvwBEiQAgz62kaVpOfeAf8QYFp0dJzFlNLHiAkBn_v2lZKYi9TbCoEsaAq6w8P8HAQ

I'd love to atleast push my card and add +200MHz (Or higher if my laptop can manage it) instead of the +135Mhz it's at right now. May not be much of an performance boost BUT I really like pushing my stuff to its limit, I love squeezing everything out of it that I can.

So any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Hello. I'm the doctor

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2017 at 1:12 PM, Hello. I'm the doctor said:

So, I've been trying for a long time to get rid of the OC limit on my 950m.
First I tried NVflash, no results. Then tried the steps on this thread. Problem is

this: https://gyazo.com/66914baf5924c63d45a70639c3ccc05a

I can't get the application to run on my laptop

laptop: https://www.laptopshop.be/product/698368/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-ak120nb-azerty.html?ref=266231&label=22734-AGI-39546111721-ASI-161986568190-698368&gclid=Cj0KEQiAyuPCBRCimuayhb3qqvwBEiQAgz62kaVpOfeAf8QYFp0dJzFlNLHiAkBn_v2lZKYi9TbCoEsaAq6w8P8HAQ

I'd love to atleast push my card and add +200MHz (Or higher if my laptop can manage it) instead of the +135Mhz it's at right now. May not be much of an performance boost BUT I really like pushing my stuff to its limit, I love squeezing everything out of it that I can.

So any help would be appreciated.

I pushed one of my Lenovo laptops way past it's limited and it fried. It's best to also use a cooling pad.

• 1 year later...