My late 2013 retina MacBook Pro died again

First of all, I suggest everyone to purchase an apple care service. My laptop can't recognize the usb drive in the summer. The Genius Bar replaced the mother board. During the past two months, the SSD of  my laptop died several times. They replaced the SSD. When they gave the laptop back, I found there was a huge mark on the screen which was can't get rid of, Genius Bar decided to replace the screen. By now, if I don't own the apple care, I would have to pay at least $1700 to fix my laptop, but now they're all free. I don't know I'm lucky or not, but I'm wondering what will happen once my laptop beyond the warranty! : (

That certainly sucks! Seems like you got yourself a lemon! If I am not mistaken apple warranties the replacement parts for a good period of time so all parts that were replaced are still under warranty. If you can afford it, sell it and grab a 2015 version 😊

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

• Founder

Given all the parts replaced on that macbook, wouldn't it have made sense for Apple to simply give you a replacement, even if it were a refurbished unit? Makes no sense to keep swapping out parts like that. 

16 hours ago, arrowuser said:

That certainly sucks! Seems like you got yourself a lemon! If I am not mistaken apple warranties the replacement parts for a good period of time so all parts that were replaced are still under warranty. If you can afford it, sell it and grab a 2015 version 

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Everyone saying the macbook pro 2015 will be fantastic, will it come out by the end of January?

14 hours ago, Brian said:

Given all the parts replaced on that macbook, wouldn't it have made sense for Apple to simply give you a replacement, even if it were a refurbished unit? Makes no sense to keep swapping out parts like that. 

Does the Apple have a policy that could help me to replace the laptop? Wow, sounds great!

• 10 months later...

Yeah.. I have seen someone with the same problem as yours. This problem never been solved by Apple as you can see other years of retina mbp having same issues. As suggested by another member here, better you sell it get a new one.