P170HM with Dell K5000m :( booting loop :p

Tomaszz1975

Hi guys

I will need ask you again for your help :)

Since my soon burn on his p170hm 675m gtx I have pain on the ass to get this P170hm work.

I got for him new laptop and I decide to keep this for my self.

Long story short:

I purchased another 675m gtx and after I installed driver system was crashing, the same results on my wife p170em. I send back this gpu and purchase new one Dell k5000m. I just getting black screen.

I have programmer so I reprogrammed vbios from here:

https://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html but still have black screen :(

Can any help, share with me bios for p170hm and vbios for my k5000m please.:sneakiness:

Note: Laptop was tested with Clevo 485m GTX and it's work in order.

Thank you guys for your time and help!

Regards

Tomasz

post-12549-14495001283742_thumb.jpg

OK, so after 3th modded driver 305.53 Win7 64 from Laptoptogo I got K5000m fully work on my P170hm. I dont know if this 3dmark results is best what I could get , so far I'm happy to I get back to work my laptop.

My bios is 1.01.10, KBC/EC 1.00.09 - thank's Prema :)

My vbios was 80.04.33.00.05 I update this to 80.04.33.00.35 - thank's SVL7

I hope that this will be helpful for any one in future.

Regards

Tomasz

post-12549-14495001282276_thumb.png

post-12549-14495001283108_thumb.jpg

My happiness was very short!

I run again 3d mark and screen freeze, after hard restart laptop dont post normal picture any more :(

Screen is split in horizontal on 4 parts and have very white and funny colours.

Can any one help, the temp last time when I run 3dmark was aprox 86C.

DISASTER!!!

1) I swap 485m gtx from my friend p150hm to my laptop and with his card I got green screen on internal screen(black color is swap with green) but on external display via HDMI picture from my laptop is post without any problems.

2) I try to run my k5000m on his p150hm, the results : just back-light and nothing else.

3) When I put back my friend 485m gtx to his p150hm he got green screen on internal display!!! On external display via HDMI picture is post ok, exactly the same like in my p170hm.

My question is: did my mainboard could make damage my friend graphics card or my graphics card make damage his mainboard?

I don't want to disassemble my wife laptop and destroy another graphics card or mainboard or both.

Guys what can be broken, did any one has similar experience - please help, any advise?

Last picture is from my friend p150hm. His laptop work perfectly until I took his card and install this in my own p170hm. I should wait and put his card back to his laptop to see if everything is fine, I didn't know what may happen next. When I used his card on my laptop in the same time I installed my card k5000m to him.

I didn't get any picture on his laptop, just the back light.

Then I swap everything back and realised that I broken my friend laptop.

Again - in your opinion gpu, mainboard or both?

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't go near screen cable in p150hm, just borrow gpu from my friend laptop...

I may have from my wife laptop when I flying over on Christmas brake. Now I really scared, I dont want make more damage. I don't know did just my friend gpu get broken or mainboard too. Worst case, I install my wife card to my friend laptop and she will get green screen...

Sorry nothing, I had hope that one Prema or Svl7 or any one who have good technical knowledge could share opinion.

I really scare to do now anything without help, for example: if my own and my friend mainboard is faulty and I will install my wife graphics card then i will destroy her laptop... maybe nothing will happen , I don't know that...

For 100% my frien 485m gtx was fully working before I installed this card to my laptop. First run and I got swap black with green color on internal screen only - external monitor post normal colours. Now did my faulty k5000m make damage of my friend mainboard and when I installed back his card 485m gtx to his mainboard it was already broken? Or my mainboard make damage of his graphics card and that the reason he get the same results on internal screen - black color is swap with green? only correct picture on external monitor?

This is crazy for me, I always keep swapping parts all round when have any problem and nothing like that happen to me before :(

Sorry nothing, I had hope that one Prema or Svl7 or any one who have good technical knowledge could share opinion.

I really scare to do now anything without help, for example: if my own and my friend mainboard is faulty and I will install my wife graphics card then i will destroy her laptop... maybe nothing will happen , I don't know that...

For 100% my frien 485m gtx was fully working before I installed this card to my laptop. First run and I got swap black with green color on internal screen only - external monitor post normal colours. Now did my faulty k5000m make damage of my friend mainboard and when I installed back his card 485m gtx to his mainboard it was already broken? Or my mainboard make damage of his graphics card and that the reason he get the same results on internal screen - black color is swap with green? only correct picture on external monitor?

This is crazy for me, I always keep swapping parts all round when have any problem and nothing like that happen to me before :(

You can at least test the GTX 485M on your wife laptop determining if it is broken or not.

If yes... bad luck :(

If no... means that your friend laptop mainboard would be damaged thus leading to the conclusion that the K5000M may be faulty in this situation.

My 2 cents advice... hope it helps !

• 5 years later...
  • Bios Modder
37 minutes ago, Xam2k8 said:

Hi,

I have also a Dell K5000M and Dell K3000M and looking for a Bios upgrade for more performance.

Do you have any good file for testing?

Hi!

You can download these files here:  

If you for some reason can't download, then just read this:  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• 7 months later...