y510p Black screen after BIOS MOD

alaabhr

Hello,

So I followed every step in this tuto in order to flash my y510p's BIOS. https://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/4668-lenovo-y410p-y510p-unlocked-bios-wlan-whitelist-mod-vbios-mod.html . Operation successful. However I modified something related to video card (GT Voltage offset). Now laptop only shows a black screen, no windows, no bios, not even the lenovo logo. I tried putting the yx01.bin file in a flash drive, hold Fn+R and power on; the flash's led starts to blink for about 5 seconds and the laptops suddenly shuts down.

Is my laptop dead ? is there a way to fix this please ?

Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Idk why but voltage offsets are broken in Lenovo BIOSes. I have a Y50-70 laptop, broken the same way, even BIOS recovery didn't work for me. However, this thing below actually did:

1. Disconnect the battery and the CMOS battery.

2. Remove all RAM modules.

3. Connect AC and turn it on, then the laptop will endlessly turn on and off.

4. Then when it turns off, connect the CMOS battery.

5. You will be still in a bootloop, then when it turns off again, plug one of the RAM modules in.

6. Done, you should get to BIOS setup

It should work fine even if the laptop is different, as long as you are able of quickly swapping RAM modules and the CMOS battery.